Roles and responsibilities would include to:
• Supervise the financial operations of the organization, ensure timely and accurate financial reports, maintain financial information system & records.
• Responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions like preparation of Balance Sheet, Utilisation statements, etc.
• To orient and ensure donor compliances with respect to financial reporting
• Monitor statutory matters like PF, Income Tax (IT), TDS, GST, Professional Tax and Gratuity etc., calculation and issue of guidelines to employees on Income Tax, Ensure adherence to Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) matters and submission of report to MoHA.
• Prepare, analyze and issue accounting guidelines for new projects, monitoring of management & project audits and compliance, monitoring the fund status with actual bank balance and fund utilization report to donors.
• Training, Guiding, and Monitoring of teams on systems and documentation related issues in the area of Accounts and ensure proper documentation.
• To fully computerize the payroll system and develop a system with the help of PMU for Assets, Salary allocation, etc.
• To provide induction on financial matters in accordance with financial management manual to new recruits in the district offices.
• Prepare organizational annual budget
• Prepare Budget for proposal/bidding
• Monitoring and evaluation of field programs of organization
• Supervise HR systems and administrative functions of the organization
• Inter CA / M Com / MBA (Finance) with minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience in NGO. CA/ICWA/Law would be an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of computer - Windows and Microsoft Office applications especially MS Excel, should have working knowledge of Tally ERP Accounting Package.
Compensation levels at SAMARTHAN are considered good within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualification. Interested candidates may send their CV (current salary package with salary expectation with two references) to email@example.com by 31 December 2022. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.