Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (Programs) BRLF, the program officer – Southern Zone will be responsible for providing overarching leadership to the projects and for designing the overall strategy and growth plans for the allocated States.
Key Job Responsibilities
- The program officer - Southern Zone will be fully responsible for the smooth and high-standard implementation of all projects implemented by BRLF in Odisha, Maharashtra and Telangana States
- The program officer - Southern Zone provides overall technical support and guidance to SPMUs and TSUs of BRLF in the respective State
- The program officer - Southern Zone will ensure adequate support, build their capacities and develop facilitating coordination mechanism for the implementing partners
- The program officer - Southern Zone will conduct training and various capacity-building events for the CSO staff for common understanding.
- Explore possibilities for new projects and expansion of existing projects
- Build a strong and strategic relationship with the State Government officials
- Ensure strong visibility of BRLF in the Southern Zone
- Support Head- Strategic partnerships & resource mobilization (SP&RM) for fundraising and resource mobilization in the zone
- Prepare progress reports and periodic updates of all projects to be submitted to BRLF and its donors
- Organize field visits of Donors, BRLF board members and other senior staff for project monitoring and cross learning
- The program officer - Southern Zone will lead and facilitate all stakeholders in organizing the Project Steering Committee meetings at periodic intervals.
Reporting Officer:The program officer - Southern Zone will report to Chief Operating Officer, (Programs) BRLF on a weekly basis
Place of posting: The program officer - Southern Zone will be placed in Bhubaneshwar or any State Capital as per the requirement of BRLF
Language Proficiency: The applicant must have strong ability in written and oral communication in English, Hindi and Oriya
Compensation Offered: The remuneration for the PO will be attractive and determined after considering the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Appointment: The initial contract will be offered for a period of three years, renewable based on performance. This is a full-time position.
BRLF – PO (SZ)
The initial contract will be offered for a period of three years, renewable based on performance. This is a full-time position.
5. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by 09 January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization without discrimination by virtue of religious belief, social class, caste, special ability, or gender.
Qualification: Applicants must have a Post Graduate degree from any recognized university, preferably in Rural Development, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or Development Management.
- At least ten years of outstanding work experience in rural development, rural livelihoods, or related areas, of which at least three years have been in a leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership and a track record of working with government and civil society organizations
- Age 40 years and below
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in engaging closely with government agencies
- Experience in implementing/managing large rural development programs
- Experience working in tribal and forest regions
- Strong ability to communicate and develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to build and carry the team along with the vision of the organization