The post-holder will implement the project activities in the designated intervention clusters. They will have community mobilization and group work skills especially working with men. They will demonstrate flair, enthusiasm, innovation, and leadership when faced with challenges in the community, and will provide immediate response to local occurrences. The Community Organizer will be willing to work on issues around gender and violence against women and children in the community. The Community Organiser reports to the Community Program Officer and maintains day-to-day contact with all his colleagues and supervisors.
LOCATION - Wadala
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Overall efficient day-to-day implementation of activities in the intervention cluster
• Implement the plan for the intervention cluster with his program officer on daily basis.
• Conduct intervention activities such as community mobilisation, group meetings, training sessions, management of volunteers, and organising events and campaigns.
• Refer and accompany beneficiaries to police, public health providers, and other organisations in the intervention areas.
• Make weekly and monthly activity plans with the supervisor.
• Collect data and report on a timely basis to the community program officer. Enter the field data on a software application.
• Maintain documentation required in the project such as details of identified and referred cases and case studies.
• Ensure confidentiality and anonymity of the beneficiaries in the project.
Applications to be sent via email to email@example.com with Subject line: “Community Organizer - Male”
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Educational qualification: Minimum HSC.
• At least one-year experience of community work preferable.
• Oral and written command of Hindi, Marathi and working knowledge of English.
• Achievement mind-set to accomplish project goals.
• Effective communication, personal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to solve problems in the community.
• Commitment to community engagement.
• Sound values and work ethics.
• Open to diversity and respect for everyone.
• Willingness to work late in the evenings and on holidays