PO-KMLE, is responsible for leading monitoring, evaluation, data management, learning review and documentation under the project.
The PO-KMLE will support the achievement of the project goal of “Waste pickers, especially women, are empowered to pursue dignified and gainful alternative livelihoods within an enabling environment”.
In order to achieve this, the PO-KMLE will support progress on four inter-connected areas, which includes (i) skills and capacities of the target groups, (ii) promoting collective action among the waste pickers, (iii) facilitating access to relevant services, schemes, resources and opportunities and finally (iv) creating an enabling environment for the waste pickers through engaging with and sensitising relevant ecosystem actors and institutions.
S/He will lead the process of finalization of operational and monitoring plans in consultation with the Program Manager. S/he will be responsible to design the form of monitoring and evaluation framework under the project. S/he will also provide critical data and write-ups to other team members for evidence-based governance and advocacy on various themes of the project.
• Prepare progress reports as required internally and for donor reporting, using inputs provided by the project team and partners.
• Perform any other task assigned by the line manager as per organizational requirement
• Contribute to ensure visibility of project efforts and achievements on various internal (e.g., CARE’s website, blogs, Annual Report, Yammer) and external platforms / for a (publications, workshops/seminars, journals)
• Document caselets and case studies based on project learning and experiences
• Ensure that donor reports (both technical and financial) are developed in time, incorporating inputs and feedback from project team members, RPM and CIHQ, and are readied for submission to the donor
• Keep the Program manager updated on project progress vis-à-vis plan
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in statistics/economics/demography/social science related field
• Minimum three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects
• Hands-on experience in conducting qualitative/quantitative surveys
• Has experience of preparing analytical/project reports
• Ability to develop tools for data collection
• Willing to travel in operational areas
• Ability to train the filed staff on monitoring tools
• Monitor field level data collection
• Willing to undertake documentation of case stories, write articles and blogs and disseminate project learnings
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
(to cover competencies in Relationship Management, Self-Management and Result oriented. Please choose and define as appropriate for the role)
• High level of proficiency in English is a must
• Fluent in Kannada/Tamil/Telugu is essential
• Proficiency in computers (knowledge of Ms Office, Excel and power point, etc)
Able to conduct primary and secondary research for identifying the newest trends and incorporate them in program / process approach
Team Management & Collaboration / People skills:
High social intelligence: able to engage and influence teams, create relationships of trust with stakeholders
Adept at co-creation: naturally collaborative and solutions focused
Conflict resolution: comfortable with negotiating and resolving conflict; seeking clarity and testing assumptions
Able to reflect, empathetic, and a good listener
Strategic Thinking and Analysis:
Able to think clearly and rationally and select the best method as appropriate
Able to spot gaps, establish needs and opportunities
Resilient: able to deal well with ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
Flexible: able to adapt well to shifting priorities
Versatile: able to juggle different and conflicting priorities
Operational excellence (Project / Program / Process management):
Able to successfully manage project/process deliverables in stipulated time and budget
Able to incorporate feedback and continually work on project / process improvement
Candidates should send their resumes to https://careindiacareers.peoplestrong.com/portal/job/joblist to apply for the position online.
“CARE India is an equal opportunity and diversity promoting employer. Therefore Women, persons differently abled, SC/ST/ OBC candidates are especially encouraged to apply”.
“At CARE India, we believe all people have a right to live their lives free from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and that no child should be subjected to abuse of any form. CARE India has a zero-tolerance towards sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We will not tolerate any form of harm and will take all reasonable steps to safeguard any person linked to the delivery of its work, either by its employees, associated personnel, contractors, consultants, or by any partner organisation or ins