The Sr. Program Associate will be inspired by the mission of measurably improving the lifelong prospects of hundreds of millions of people across India through proven and scaled interventions. S/he will coordinate with the National Program Manager, Evidence Action’s global teams, EAII Advisors personnel in Delhi and across the country, state and national-level government officials. Evidence Action and EA Advisors Private Limited are partnering with Jal Jeevan Mission to pilot the feasibility of water treatment devices across three Indian states.
• With assistance of the NPM, manage a pilot team of nine individuals across three states and eighteen locations
• Serve as the day-to-day pilot manager considering timelines, establishing and ensuring the pilot meets deadlines, and involved in the finer details of the exercise
• Lead and operate across all phases of the pilot from pilot establishment to implementation to scale down and transition
• Be prepared to represent Evidence Action and EAII Advisors Private Limited in engagements with national Jal Jeevan Mission representatives, state Jal Jeevan Mission representatives, state departments of water, NGO partners, suppliers, manufacturers, and others
• Remain informed on budget implementation and keep global team representatives updated of budget spend vs. budget planned
• There will be a heavy emphasis on supplier and contract engagement. Hold suppliers and contractors accountable for work, agreements, timelines, and warranties under contract
• Coordinate with the data collection and information management firm(s) to capture baseline, pilot conduct, and post-pilot information
• Support assessment of each device’s installation process, operational feasibility, and device efficacy of water treatment technologies
• Participate in weekly calls with global team leadership providing status updates and appropriately forecast where challenges may arise
• Maintain a learning perspective and throughout the process capture and document in written form lessons learned, challenges, and recommendations on devices, pilot design, and pilot implementation
• Help inform a final recommendation and report to state level governments and Jal Jeevan Mission on the performance and efficacy of the water treatment technologies in their designated intervention points
All contracting arrangements will be made through EAII Advisors Private Limited. EAII is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at EAII is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. EAII does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, caste, creed, colour, religion, gender, origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
All candidates applying for the position should upload a resume along with cover letter mentioning current and expected salary.
Application Link: https://apply.workable.com/j/01E0572299
We may end this search process earlier than the specified close date in case of exceptional candidates. Due to resource constraints, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in related fields with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in program delivery at scale.
• Demonstrated experience in day-to-day management of project activities and program deliverables. Experience of scaling water interventions in India will be an advantage;
• Demonstrated experience working with the government in India.
• Demonstrated experience managing teams across multiple states;
• Ability and willingness to operate in time constrained and uncertain environments;
• Excellent spoken and written English. Ability to synthesize information clearly and produce good quality documents keeping to tight deadlines.
• Strong existing network in the development sector (preferably water, health & nutrition) in India.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders within India and globally.
• Exceptional ability to work with minimal supervision, while also proactively communicating relevant progress updates and bottlenecks requiring attention or support from leadership;
• Availability and willingness to travel within India up to 50% of the time.