About the organization
Lady Bamford Charitable Trust (LBCT) is a CSR arm of JCB India Limited. LBCT has been striving to create a better-quality life for the vulnerable communities around JCB manufacturing sites at different locations. It is a registered Trust with 22 years of experience in implementing rural development and poverty reduction projects.
The position is located in the LBCT and will include all the aspects mentioned below for the LBCT, the JCB Literature Foundation and the JCB World Brands.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Implementing accounting (Payment Control)
• Checking of necessary supporting documents and process as per the organization policy during settlement of bills.
• Ensure the expenses booked according to approved budget line items.
• Verification of Bank reconciliation statement on monthly basis.
• Ensure the cash flow of the organization as per organisational procedures
• Checking of the monthly fund request for location according to the budget
• Monthly Cash Book closing.
• Management of the Tally system
2. Legal & Statutory Compliance
• Ensure all government dues paid on time (i.e., TDS, GST, PF, ESIC, PT etc.).
• Ensure the timely filing of statutory return (i.e., TDS, GST, PF, ESIC, PT etc.)
• Staff tax calculation (Two times April and January).
• Assist in the filing of all statutory annual financial statements and returns of the organization.
3. Budgeting and Reporting
• Support Project managers in preparation of the annual budget.
• Consolidate the budget for review of Head-CSR.
• Prepare the monthly budget analysis report with actual expenses and submit to Head-CSR for review and action.
• Prepare other financial report as required by management. Revision of annual budget as per instruction of Head-CSR.
• Maintain all database of finance files & documents of LBCT, JCBLF & JCBWB and provide monthly updates on all the line files for the finance.
• Maintain & monitoring the assets register of the above said organisations, on a Quarterly basis with the project team.
• Monthly visit to VTCs, Schools, Self-Help Groups, partnerships- etc for documents and register check, including travel to locations.
• Prepare the necessary documents for export.
• Take care of legal export documents issued by customs after dispatching the shipment.
• Submit all legal documents related with export to concern department (i.e., RBI, local bank, and VAT department.
5. Statutory and Internal Audit Handling
• Preparation of financial and other documents for auditor during annual statutory audit of the organization.
• Prepare the reply raised by auditor during audit.
• Provide the other necessary support as required by auditor.
• Support maintaining compliance with internal financial and accounting policies, administrative procedures, and local statutory requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
• MBA Finance/ M. Com/ CA (optional)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience proven work experience as senior finance officer preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods.
• Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software (e.g., Tally).
• Expertise in MS Excel.
• Analytical skills.
• Ability to explain financial terms in simple language.
• Familiarity with the way non-profit/CSR organizations are structured.
• Genuine interest in our mission.
• Knowledgeable in compliances such as PF, TDS, GST etc.
LBCT has operations in four states across India. The candidate should be willing to travel to locations frequently.