Setting up M&E system:
• Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems along with the supporting documents.
• Develop monitoring and impact indicators for project success.
• Review and refine existing M&E systems and tools to ensure programmes are being monitored and evaluated effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirements.
• Review the quality of existing data, photos, etc. in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With project team, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Developing the formats in respect to project indicators for collecting information/data.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the project indicators.
• Collect and collates reports from the field sites.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyses and aggregate findings.
• Support PC for project progress reporting on monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis and also review the same for final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project team is required.
• Organize capacity assessment training on M&E for team members whenever required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
• Suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying the bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
• Regular field visit to the respective project area for the proper implementation of the project indicators or to collect the evidence of the findings.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, team structure, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, concept notes, conclusions, and organization credentials.
• Promote and strengthen the understanding of the importance of M&E within the programme teams and the use and/or analysis of M&E system during program design and implementation.
• Provide documentation on case studies and success stories to capture qualitative outputs of the projects.
• Proof reading of reports shared by the field team or any concerned person.
• Assisting in developing the newsletter, communications and any relevant work assigned by PC.
• Contribute to organizational processes of learning and policy formulation.
• Participate in internal meetings and communications.
• Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances.
• Preparation of Monthly MIS reports.
• Prepare risk and mitigation log for the project.
• Prepare and maintain data base
• Any other duties as assigned by the Project coordinator/ Director.
Experience Required (if)
Minimum of five 3 to 5 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of projects.
Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.
• Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analysis required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
• Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
• Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
30k- 35k/- Per month
Reporting Office(s) Head Office & Site Office
Location: Jaipur, Delhi, Rajasthan