About Aasraa Trust
Aasraa Trust was established in Dehradun in 2009 as a social work trust focusing on education of underprivileged children, in response to a crisis for intervention for the welfare of children from the riverbed slum under Bindal bridge. Aasraa then worked with the riverbed community to promote the need for education and started an after-school project to augment school education. In 2011, Project Street Smart was started on the pavements of Astley Hall with a group of 5 street children. The objective was to keep the children off the streets and provide them with basic literacy through arts, crafts, music and audio-visual media.
Today, Aasraa works towards empowering street and slum children through education, vocational training, nutrition, medical care and providing shelter homes. Our mission is to level the playing field for children who have neither seen books nor stepped into a school. The children we work with come from extremely impoverished backgrounds and are mostly rag pickers, beggars, addicts, runaways and orphans. We currently work with 9000 children in Uttarakhand.
Job Description: Placement Officer
• Provide career counselling to students.
• Look for job opportunities for student.
• Review students resume in order to know about their education qualification, work experience and other skills.
• Conduct student interview to know more about their abilities and efficiency.
• Understand student interest and requirement before seeking a job for him/her.
• Help students writing resume.
• Prepare the student for interview.
• Suggest vocal courses to students for better job prospect.
• Keep in touch with clients from different organization in order to stay updated with the new job vacancy that come up.
• Provide tips on succeeding the interview.
• Provide suggestion on how to maintain a good position and grow further within organization.
• Performing any further project related duties/responsibilities as and when necessary.
Bachelor degree in education, management, social science (Master degree preferred)
? At least 5 years of experience as Job Placement Officer in vocational skill development.
? 2+ years of relevant work experience in recruitment, job placement and learning & development.
? Able to work independently and as a part of team.
? Able to inspire team members as well as peers.
Location: Dehradun, Uttarakhand