OB OPPORTUNITY | SANJOG
Organizational Psychologist / Human Resource Executive
About Sanjog: Sanjog is a social impact organization working at the intersection of community and systems strengthening,
migration, policies and empowerment of communities impacted by systemic violence. The organization is currently working
on the thematic area of anti-human trafficking in collaboration with partners in 3 states of India, with a vision to expand its
partnerships and programmatic implementation across India. To know more, click here.
1. Position: Organizational Psychologist/Human Resource Executive
2. Location: Kolkata (preferred); open to considering hybrid work.
3. Joining Date: Immediate (preferred February 20, 2023)
4. Work Week: 5 days (Monday to Friday); except for monthly/quarterly organizational events that may be conducted
over the weekend.
5. Work timings: Flexible, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. must be available.
6. Contract Duration: 1 year (excluding a probation period of 3 months)
7. Report to: Program Manager and the Executive Director
8. Supervisory role: Not applicable
9. Remuneration: INR 40,000 per month barring the professional tax deduction.
Overview of the role: As an Organizational Psychologist/HR Executive, you will play a key role in conducting research to
inform organizational development (60%), supporting documentation (20%), and advising and working in collaboration with
leadership on policy and funding (20%). Sanjog offers mentoring and guidance from industry experts, provides the latest
training and development opportunities, fosters a dynamic work environment, and a supportive team to facilitate your roletaking.
Required education and experience:
1. Post-graduate degree in Organizational Psychology or Human Resource Management
2. At least 3 years of experience as an HR or I/O psychologist after completing post-graduation.
3. Experience working in the non-profit sector
4. Knowledge of human behaviour and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and interests,
learning and motivation, and psychological research methods.
Core Responsibilities: (60% of the time)
a. With sharp observation skills, recognize the need for research in the organization and fill the gap by
identifying appropriate variables to be studied.
b. Thereafter, independently design and conduct research studies on relevant and beneficial organizational
c. Establish the relevance of findings for the organization and suggest key interventions to strengthen the
2. Culture Building:
a. Assess the current culture and identify areas for improvement.
b. Work with leadership to define the desired culture, values and norms, and create a strategy for their
integration into the organization.
c. implement programs and initiatives to reinforce cultural values, foster communication and collaboration,
and build a sense of community among employees.
d. measure the success of cultural initiatives and adjust programs to meet the evolving needs of the
Link Responsibilities: (20% of the time)
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal