This position is responsible for planning, organizing, conducting, monitoring training activities & developing training modules along with documenting the trainings and processes for MCH program team as well as supporting the Program Coordinators, Program Officers and Community Organizers in planning the capacity building sessions for the public health care providers and other cadres across the intervention. The person will be housed in the MCH program for the monitoring purposes, will also closely work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team to facilitate pre and posts tests and obtain, document analysis of the same. He/She is expected to coordinate with program teams specifically with coordinators for regular updates and reporting purposes.
JOB LOCATION: BHIWANDI NIZAMPUR MUNICIPAL CORPORATION (BNCMC) DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Capacity Building of the Program Team
• Capacity building of the program team by identifying capacity building needs of the Program Coordinators (PC) Program Officers (PO), Community Organizers (CO), and other cadres and organizing training as per the needs.
• Conduct periodic field visits along with the team to gauge training needs as arising from observations and feed it in the training modules.
• Prepare training calendar for the program with a training matrix that determines training priorities either in thematic domains or skills and technical based training.
• Design training curricula with assistance of Associate Program Director and Program
• Prepare pre-post evaluation and feedback tools considering the nature of training.
• Preparing training budget and monitor the utilization of the budget
• Collaborating with Learning and Development Manager SNEHA and program team for training needs
• Conduct literature review for designing training sessions, develop concept notes to determine the training needs and ascertain the training needs of the team
• Preparing training expenses vouchers and ensuring the approvals from respective manages/supervisors
• Conduct mock sessions for program team on periodic basis
• Observe actual field intervention, provide thematic and skill related feedback to intervention team
• Conduct quarterly knowledge assessment/retention tests for program staff
• Prepare training reports.
• Oversee the development and printing of BCC and IEC material for the training and also to be used for awareness generation by the field team.
• Identification of suitable resource persons for conducting technical and clinical, behavioral/motivational training for team and stakeholders
• Creating a data base of trainers on clinical, behavioural and skills based aspects.
• Identification of innovative method of technology for designing effective training methods for each target groups.
Capacity building of stakeholders (as per protocols):
• Capacity building of program stakeholders by following training process including permission from stakeholders and related correspondence to succeed the capacity building initiatives.
• Prepare training reports
Capacity building of Community Action group - Mahila Aarogya Samiti (MAS), Health Committee (HC)
• Capacity building of program community volunteers by following training process including training need assessment with assistance with teams.
• Prepare training reports
Develop Training Modules
• Develop Training module with the use of print media, digital tools, social media etc.
• Prepare small BCC material, training modules for staff, stakeholders and community volunteers, video clips, audio/visual content etc.
MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
• Reports to Associate Program Director
• Manage data capture, storage, training analysis and submit reports.
• Contribute to the organizational culture and work of SNEHA to an appropriate degree
• Participate in the SNEHA activities.
• Expected to travel to Bhiwandi intervention areas almost on a daily basis for execution of the training programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in literature review for design training curricula’s, assessment tools, planning , organizing, and delivery of training programs
• Familiarity with government systems, ministries, departments and informal settlements.
• Excellent skills of interpersonal communication, presentation skills, writing in English, analysis of complex documents
• Education to at least post-graduation level with exposure to work with underprivileged communities
• At least 5 years’ experience in training and development sector
• Ability to maintain role boundaries and exceed with innovations
• Interest in maternal and child health, and thematic topics related to the health of mothers and children.
• Fluency in English, Hindi and Marathi.
• Self-starting, self-monitoring abilities and negotiation skills.
• Flexibility in time management.
Applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line: “COORDINATOR TRAINING”
Location: Bhiwandi, Maharashtra
Graduation - Graduate-Other