• Overall responsible to implement SAFBIN as per the SOP approved
• Plan and implement the project interventions in the proposed districts
• Formation and strengthening of Smallholder Farmers Collectives (SHFC) and district farmers’ forum through Farmers Collective lead approach
• Facilitate the On-Farm Adaptive Research in the district in close collaboration with the PMU Lead
• Document and publish the process and outcomes of farmers’ learning and OFAR
• Facilitate the development and management of District Resource Centre and Village Resource Centres
• Ensure quality and result-oriented monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual review and planning of the interventions in the district and incorporate suggestions and feedback for improvement in the planning
• Ensure quality and result-oriented planning and execution of meetings, workshops, and conferences to achieve the desired results
• Preparation of reports as per the framework of the project and ensure timely updating of project MIS
• Interfacing with district administration/research/extension officials and develop advocacy and networking plans as per the project requirement
• Ensure periodic update and involvement of multi-stakeholder forum and Caritas India local partners in the programme planning and learning processes
• Implement research Trails and treatments.
• Develop partnership with local NGOs and Civil Societies on SHFs issues.
• Provide all kinds of logistics/inputs/materials to the VRPs.
• Manage a team of Community Educators to deliver quality results as per the project requirements and ensure coordination among team members for task planning, reviews, mutual learning exercises to promote innovations in the project.
• Coordinate the task planning and target settings for the district team to achieve project goals
• Conducting coordination meetings with team building exercises.
• Plan and execute the capacity building of the team members based on project requirements.
• Guiding and mentoring of team members to imbibe the values of Caritas India.
Administration and Finance Management
• Ensure the timely assistance in the program related procurements as per the CI procurement guidelines
• Timely reporting of administration related task to the reporting officer.
• Plan and manage financial outlay of the programme for district.
• Prepare project forecast and coordinate with the reporting officer for timely implementation.
• Record and report the expenditures based on plan and as per the project guidelines.
Qualification and Requirements
• A professional degree in Agriculture or Rural Development will be eligible
• Minimum 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in a research and development organization working on the issues of smallholder farmers.
• Good knowledge of computer applications; especially in developing and managing databases, spread sheets, presentations, reporting etc.
• Experience in village-level implementation of programmes related to agriculture, food security, climate change and natural resource management.
• Experience in managing a team specially to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
• Good writing skills and ability to conduct literature search and reviews using scientific data bases.
• Skills in handling communications, media, and the related field; organizing meetings, conferences, campaigns etc.
• Good understanding of the Agricultural Research System.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, listening skills, verbal and written communications skills.
• High standards of conduct sound work ethics and service delivery approach.
Length of Assignment
The appointment will be on contract basis, extendable on the basis of performance in the project period.
Must be willing to travel extensively and stay in project locations.
Sal INR 40k
Location: Sagar District, Madhya Pradesh