Location: West Bengal
Position: Fisheries expert, ADMIP
No of Position Vacant: 1
Type of Job: Technical Support, Capacity Building and Planning, Training, Coordination, Monitoring, and Community development.
Reporting Person: Team Leader
Period of Contract: Initially six months’ probation period, after successful completion of the probation period the contract will be extended up to another six months.
About the Organization:
PRASARI (legal name Rajarhat PRASARI) is a non-profit organization registered under Societies Registration Act, West Bengal. The organization has been established in 2007. PRASARI has been working in West Bengal’s four agro-climatic zones (hill, terai, coastal saline, and red-lateritic) via field-based teams of experts and also started imparting spring shed management work in cooperation with the state government of Meghalaya. To support the majority of the vulnerable people’s livelihoods dependent on natural resources. PRASARI believes in collaborating with the government and influencing the implementation of their flagship programmes, which respond to the requirements of marginal families and their resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Planning, and capacity building of the community on Fishery
2. Providing handholding support to the community
3. Regular reporting to the government departments and liaison
4. Preparation of the household plan and monitoring of the activities
5. Preparing reports, and case studies as per need
6. Documentation of the success stories, and learnings from actions
7. Any other activities as per the need of the team and situation
1. B. Sc/ MSc in Fishery Science or equivalent
2. Willingness to work at the grass root level
3. Be very energetic and have self-learning abilities with flexible working hours
4 Years’ experience on the field
Remuneration: Gross 26, 400/-
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage women, physically challenged
candidates as well as candidates from marginalized communities to apply for this position. Write the name of the position in the Subject of the mail.
Apply within 10 March 2023 with an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position.
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal