Location: Bulandshahr, UP
No. of Position: 1 (One)
Qualification - MA Psychology /Sociology/ MSW
Experience - Minimum 3 year experience as counselor /in HIV/AIDS or Health projects.
The Counselor will be responsible for managing providing counselling and communication support to the
programme in identifying individual or group behavior including opportunities or challenges which have
implication in HIV/AIDS Programme. Identify motivators or inhibitors among individuals or their family
members and among groups which required to be addressed through BCC sessions by outreach team as
well as through one to one or one to group counselling sessions. Ensure confidentiality while dealing with
individual cases. Ensure participation in project based clinics, preferred providers clinics, health camps
and would maintain patient registers, dispense medicines, demonstrate condom use, counsel on condom
negotiation skills, education on NSEP, overdose prevention, abscess, OST etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: will be responsible for performing the following functions:
1. The counselor is responsible for taking individual and group sessions on HIV/AIDS, STI, safe sex
and injecting practices, prevention of abscesses, overdose prevention, drug treatment options,
2. Demonstrate condom use, counsel on condom negotiation skills.
3. The counselor shall also be responsible for motivating the clients for RMC, referral of clients to ICTC,
STI clinic, ART, TB etc.
4. The counselor shall also be responsible for orientation of ORWs on counselling techniques.
5. The Counselor would be responsible for management of clinics especially record keeping,
management of the patient flow, visit to the clinic sites or preferred providers.
6. The counselor along with ORWs would prepare a plan to improve linkage with ICTCs / FICTCs
ensuring sharing of line listing of referred clients from TI to ICTC, maintenance of referral cards
and referral registers.
7. The counselor will participate in site validation process and would update the site validation and
quarterly line listing of HRGs of the project along with M&E assistant cum Accountant.
8. The counselor will participate in stakeholder meeting and would prepare a stakeholder
engagement plan to ensure that the issues related to BCC and service uptake is associated.
9. Ensure collection of used needles and syringes in a IDU TI and bio-medical waste management as
per the required guidelines.
10. Disposal of clinic or health camp wastes as per the recommended guidelines.
11. The Counselor to travel to the project area for providing services in the field. The counselor
should visit the field for about 10-12 days in a month.
12. The counselor shall also engage with providers of social welfare services and facilitate linkage
with social welfare services.
Please Mention Job Title in Your Application "Counselor".
Candidate send CV in this E-Mail ID:
Location: Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh
Graduation - Graduate-Other