Job Title: Coach
Reporting To: Coordinator - Programme
City: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Maitrayana, (meaning kindness, benevolence, good will, compassion) is a Section 8 (not-for-profit) company that uses sport to achieve gender equality.
Maitrayana leverages the power of sport to create ecosystems that empower girls and women to fulfil their potential. The pillars of Maitrayana’s work are: 1) enabling leadership in Adolescent girls and young women, 2) synergising communities to support adolescent girls and young women in becoming changemakers in their community, 3) forging collaborations with the government, businesses, NGOs to create an ecosystem.
Maitrayana implements the Young People’s Initiative (YPI) a sport for development programme that empowers adolescent girls and young women to realise their potential. The focus of the YPI interventions is on providing access to and safe spaces in sport for adolescent girls and young women in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru. YPI’s economic empowerment (EE) programme works with young women to improve their access to economic opportunities. This programme wants to achieve that young women pursue their economic empowerment goals by acquiring knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviour, experience and support from mentors, parents and the industry to achieve their goals.
We are looking for an individual who is excited to contribute to building the organisation based on the values integrity, transparency, respect and inclusion.
1. Implementation of the YPI Programme
- Outreach and recruitment of participants.
- Session scheduling, planning and delivery in allocated sites.
- Organizing events at respective sites and coordinating with other coaches to organize other sports events and tournaments
- Ensuring each session has adequate equipment’s, sports kit and is safe as per our Child protection policy.
2. Team Work
- Keeping your team of Jr coaches and CSCs updated with the current life skills curriculum, play based games, and netball skills/rules.
- Manage and train the teams on quality session delivery.
- Meet their team of Jr coaches, CSCs and peer leaders regularly for site updates
- Build leadership skills among the team members to achieve Maitrayana's Vision.
- Contribute to the overall smooth functioning and maintenance of the city office
3. Rapport building with local stakeholders
- Build relationship with parents, community leaders, police etc.
- Engaging them
- through series of conversation and events.
4. Reporting and Documentation
- Maintaining session plans of respective sites along with attendance registers.
- Ensure participant’s data is uploaded on timely basis on to salesforce.
- Write meeting minutes, reports of events and activity when delegated
- Maintaining the expenses of respective sites and submit bills of the entire team on time.
- Strong people skills, and experience in dealing with a multi-cultural team
- Fluency in local languages required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Training Skills/ability to conduct sessions with young people
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Willingness to work on ground
- Strong communication skills
- High levels of integrity and loyalty, and demonstrating initiative
Interested candidates can share their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Graduation - Graduate-Other