Calcutta SEED is a social unit of the Archdiocese of Calcutta working for the education and development of marginalised children in West Bengal.
Project Goal: To develop a model replicable project on the Headland labourers (Mutias) psycho-social and behavioural changes and adaptation of best practices in Burrabazaar area located in Kolkata.
Purpose of the Position:
Effectively and efficiently facilitate implementation of the Project SAMMAAN to ensure that communities are empowered for sustainable development.
1. Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities, and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
2. Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community-level engagements.
3. Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops, and seminars.
4. Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually.
5. Documentation of evidence-based impact stories.
6. To identify High-Risk behaviour among the Headload labourers and provide them with treatment through expert doctors and other organizations.
7. To conduct medical check-up camps for the detection of TB, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Blood pressure and other illnesses and provide them with free prescription medicines wherever possible.
8. To ensure awareness on child nutrition, immunization, reproductive health care and provide linkages to local PHC's or Government hospitals for treatment.
9. To ensure providing of government-linked social security schemes and old age pensions through local administration.
10. To motivate the labourers on responsible sexual behaviour, and dangers of addiction through street plays, motivational camps, workshops, and events.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification required: Graduate in Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, or Rural Development from a reputed institute. You must have 1-3 years experience working in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Partnering and engaging with stakeholders
-Ability to work with minimal supervision.
-Report writing skills
-Networking and influencing skills.
-Highly reliable and dependable.
-Passion for working for the marginalised
Please email your application mentioning the post applied for, or write in for more details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal
Graduation - Graduate-Other