1. Job Title: Program Manager (Full time – Contractual with 2 months probation, subject to review & extension)
2. Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
3. Remuneration: 34000/- + Local Conveyance
4. Qualification and skills:
• Post Graduate in Law, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism or related field
• Experience of at least 5-7 years in managing field as well as team operations with a Civil Society Organization in urban settings
• Experience of working with diverse team of facilitators, grassroots workers, lawyers, programmers and creative persons.
• Excellent language skills in Hindi & English
• Experience of engaging with government departments, institutions and networks.
5. Job Overview:
• Management & Coordination of all Community based programs at Eka with a focus on Access to Justice, Constitutional Rights, Youth Engagement and Women’s Empowerment.
• Capacity Building, Research, Documentation, developing Communication Campaigns and organizing camps.
• Module development, facilitation and documentation roles in key capacity building processes
• Working together with the youth leadership in the organization. Ability to jointly facilitate community development processes
• Ensure implementation of core community development activities
• Engage with networks and participate in advocacy initiatives
• Engage in design and development tasks specific to program goals and objectives
• Participate in organization meetings and processes as and when required.
• Be accountable for program accounts, data and documentation including compilation of half yearly and yearly reports
6. Core Skills Expected:
• Impactful listening, writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrable understanding of Constitutional values, local issues which concern Socio-Economic, Cultural as well as Civil Rights
• Excellent Communication and management skills.
• Demonstrable skills to understand and use Social Media platforms.
7. Growth Opportunity:
• Gaining experience of rights-based, pro-people community development work in urban areas with most marginalized groups, adding significant value to your work profile.
• Opportunity for participation in workshops, symposiums, online trainings and orientations on areas of your work and interest.
• Opportunity of engaging with senior development practitioners including media persons, activists, academicians and other influencers.
• Opportunity to develop your capacities, improve communication skills and engage on a range of issues including child rights, feminism, gender, constitutional rights, youth engagement, media, communication, participatory approaches and principles of facilitating collective community action.
• Personal guidance and support for engaging in further studies from the organization management group.
Do apply for this position If you are a person passionate about engaging with communities, using a range of media & communication tools and methods; with a pro-people approach. Eligible candidates may send in their detailed CV along with a covering letter stating why you are suited for this position to email@example.com
1. Last date of application: March 10, 2023
2. Preference will be given to women candidates belonging to Dalit/Adivasi /Religious Minority & LGBTQA+ groups.
3. Appointment process will be inclusive of online & individual interviews with group discussions and writing, analysis & critique tasks.
4. Please do not make any calls. You may write in with your queries (if any) at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Eka is an grassroots organization with intensive field engagement. Like our current team, you will be required to work for extended hours whenever required. People looking for a 9-5 job are advised not to apply.
6. This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have applied before need not apply again
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Graduation - Graduate-Other