Responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions of the organization. To support the finance department in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department. The duties of the Accountant covers work that is specific to accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax filing, data compilation, payroll, or other accounting tasks.
• Making payments and receipts as necessary and recording them in accounting software (Tally) on time.
• Maintain accurate and up-to- date accounting records.
• Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Financial Manual/Procurement Manual.
• Analyze accounting data and prepare reports to provide financial information to the finance manager.
• Maintain trust and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Examining the skill of the software program used to organize data.
• Ensure all applicable statutory compliances are met with.
• Work closely with Finance Manager/Senior Management to create comprehensive financial plans and track progress as the project advances.
• Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
• Produce monthly finance reports for the project team, to agreed timetables, showing budget, forecast, committed and actual performance against plan, with breakdown of costs and written commentary.
• Ensure project budgets and plans are kept up to date to reflect progress and changes to assumptions, including any reforecast as required.
• Maintain detailed records as required for both internal and external audit purposes.
• Take responsibility for preparation of all financial and non-financial information required for project sponsors, project managers and external funders as required in both routine reporting and ad hoc requests.
• Proficient in Tally ERP 9, Tally Prime, MS Office, Internet
• Ability to work on strict deadlines in high pressure situation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Required Skills and Experience
• B.Com/ M.Com background
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in handling accounts of multiple projects in an NGO set up
• Fluency in oral and written English essential
• Working knowledge of Gujarati and/or Hindi essential
• Willingness to travel to field areas as required
Cost to the NGO:
Rs. 2,40,000/- to Rs.3,00,000/- p.a. (based on experience and knowledge and as per the organizational norms)
How to apply:
Please visit www.utthangujarat.org and select the “get involved” Tab -- click “Apply for job” and fill the form and upload the “CV”.
Please submit your interest via:
If a candidate joins Utthan, they can expect to benefit in several ways:
1. Meaningful Work: Focused on positively impacting the lives of marginalised communities. As a result, team members feel a sense of purpose and fulfillment in their work.
2. Professional Growth: Provides opportunities for professional growth and development through on-the-job training, mentoring, and other learning opportunities. Team members can develop new skills, gain new experiences, and take on new challenges to advance their careers.
3. Collaborative Environment: Has a collaborative and supportive work environment, where team members work together to achieve common goals. They have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of individuals who bring different perspectives, experiences, and expertise to the table.
4. Positive Organizational Culture: Fosters a culture of open communication, transparency, and accountability, and internal leadership development creating a positive workplace culture where members feel valued, respected and motivated.
5. Work-Life Balance: Understands the importance of work-life balance to help team members maintain a healthy work-life balance.
6. Competitive Compensation: Offers competitive compensation and benefits which include accident insurance
Overall, joining Utthan offers an opportunity to work in a mission-driven organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact on society, while providing opportunities for professional growth, work-life balance, and a supportive work environment
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Graduation - Graduate-Other