1) The primary responsibility of the Superintendent is of maintaining the Child Care Institution and of providing care and protection to the children.
2) The Superintendent shall stay within the premises to be readily available as and when required by the children or the staff and in case where an accommodation is not available in the premises, he shall stay at a place in close proximity to the Child Care Institution till such time such accommodation is made available within the premises of the Child Care Institution.
3) Hold periodic meetings with the representatives of non-governmental organizations concerned and social workers/ case workers, Special Juvenile Police Unit/ Child Welfare Police Office/ Anti-Human Trafficking Unit officers to discuss specific issues that may arise.
4) Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act and the rules and orders made there under;
5) Ensure compliance with the orders of the Child Committee or the Children’s Court;
6) Plan, implement and coordinate all activities, programs and operations, including training and treatment programs or correctional activities as the case may be;
7) Strive for the development and welfare of the children;
8) Ensure the production of the child before the Board or the Committee or the Children’s Court on the date of such production and to ensure that the dates for the said purpose are recorded
9) The Superintendent shall inspect the Child Care Institution as often as possible but not less than twice a day. He shall make a record of the timings of his inspection and also note his observations in a separate book maintained for the purpose, especially with regard to;
A) Maintenance of hygiene and sanitation,
B) Maintenance of order,
C) Quality and quantity of food,
D) Hygienic maintenance of food articles and other supplies,
E) Hygiene in the medical center and provisions for medical care,
F) Behavior of the children and staff,
G) Maintenance of files registers and books.
H) Security Arrangement of Children Home
10) Send a list of children in Form 43 in the Child Care Institution to the Board or the Committee, as the case may be, every week and bring to the notice of the Board or the Committee, if no date is given for the production of any child before the Board or the Committee
11) Maintain standards of care in the Child Care Institution
12) Ensure proper storage and inspection of food stuffs as well as food served
13) Ensure monthly verification of all the records and registers by the Management Committee set-up under rules of J. J. Act 2015
14) Liaise, co-ordinate and co-operate with the State Child Protection Society and the District Child Protection Unit as and when required;
15) Ensure timely utilization of funds as per project timelines.
Desirable Qualification: Masters in Social Work/Sociology
Experience: Minimum 3 years of working experience directly with Children either at the position of Coordinator CHILDLINE, Superintendent Children Home/Shelters, Welfare Officer etc.
Passionate to work with children, protecting Child Rights
Salary : In between Rs 30,000/- Rs 35,000/-
1. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
2. Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to motivate teams to achieve results
3. Proactive, results and service-oriented
4. Conflict resolution skills
5. Networking skills with Stakeholders
Compensation and Employment
Prayas JAC Society is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
Location: Jahangirpuri, Delhi