The Manager/Sr. Manager - Finance & Compliance leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and grants administration. Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions: and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, adhere to grants management standards, and result in flawless audits. The incumbent supervises the Accounting and HR Associate in the areas of benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, and other related functions.
Organization Website - Toybank | NGO
- Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
- Create Monthly Financial MIS and monitoring of function wise budget and analysis, flag off for variance.
- Create the Financial reporting for Donor Grants
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organisational performance.
- Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
- Report on actual v/s budget cost, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Assist in budgeting of project disbursals.
- Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Oversee the development of an accounting system that provides the organization with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting.
- Advise the key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Be responsible for all compliances legal and accounting and report the same on a quarterly basis to the CEOs and the board of Trustees.
- Manage the Donation records i.e. ensure booking of donations received in books of account and create and issue 80G receipts.
- Drawing up of the final accounts and ensuring completion of audits with internal and external auditors.
- Follow up on FCRA application, obtain approval through timely and appropriate follow up and liaising.
- Ensure compliance with FCRA, Taxation and other charity-related laws of Society by acting as the link between the lawyers, tax consultants, FCRA (Foreign Contribution Regulations Act) advisors.
- Line management of office support staff (1-2) and oversight of their logistical and administrative activities.
- Supervise the accountant to ensure accurate booking in Zoho Books
- Manage the Accounts payable i.e., ensure vouchers are checked and paid and report if budgets are exceeded or there are unaccounted expenses.
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organisation.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.