Job Title: Assistant Manager Cum Program Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Project Director
What is the mission of the Veerni Project?
Our mission is to provide young women from the rural region of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan with a quality secondary education in a safe, supportive environment. We believe that by giving these women access to education, health and better career prospects we can empower them to be more independent and confident, thus enabling them to participate productively in their communities.
Purpose of the role at the Veerni Institute
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Project Director with the administration and coordination all business related activities in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation both with a short term and a long term strategic vision.
• To help maintain the overall positive flow of communication and information within the project and it’s various stakeholders.
• To liaise with the appropriate school authorities and to monitor their management and various school-related activities.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual activity report and submit in a timely manner to the Project Director.
• Develop a Capacity Building Plan for the key Veerni staff members in close coordination with the Project Director.
• To assist the project team members in preparing their progress reports.
• Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management for submission to the Project Director.
• Ensure accurate documentation of administrative related documents in soft and hard copy files using the Database Management system.
• Compile relevant data on the Veerni students in relation to various indicators and review at assigned intervals.
• Keep records of those Veerni students who have graduated from the Institute.
• To monitor the studentsand keep accurate records of their class attendance, tuition classes, computer classes, sewing/art and craft classes and sports activities.
• To observe the standard of maintenance, cleanliness and orderliness of the Institute and to report to higher if standards are not met.
• Other ad hoc duties as required by the Project Director
Other responsibilities include:-
• Ensure a good flow of communication within the project and towards partners especially regarding administrative aspects and requirements for project implementation.
• To ensure the Project Director/Manager is kept informed about all activities, events and any problems as they arise.
• To help develop contacts and joint ventures with other NGOs to establish partnerships which will help sustain the Veerni Project.
• To consistently update and contribute towards the Veerni Institute website.
• To develop a long term strategic plan for Publicity and Social Media of the Veerni Institute in India.
• Excellent use of Email, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets
• Excellent use of digital cameras and video camera.
• Ability to scan and print, upload and send photos efficiently and easily.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Ideally degree qualified and must have a vision of an integrated, holistic education and development.
• You need to be highly professional team player with excellent communication/collaboration skills in order to liaise at all levels of the organization eg:the Veerni team, the schools, donors, supporters, government officials and the student’s parents.
• Have the ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work independently if needed to set deadlines and realistic goals.
• You will need to be honest, enthusiastic and energetic with open relationship building skills.
• It is essential that you can read, write, speak and type in English at a high level and have strong attention to detail.
• Spoken Marwari will be advantageous but not essential.
Designation: Assistant Manager Cum Program Co-ordinator
Qualification : Post Graduate in Any Discipline preferably in Social Science or MSW. Experience in the file of “Girls Education” will be given advantage. Female candidate will be preferred. Individual should be adoptive to work with Rural Families.
Period: Appointment will be provided for 1-year period with Annual Assessment and Renewal on mutual agreement.
Location: Choukan, Jodhpur - Rajasthan
Remuneration: Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000/-
Location: Jodhpur, Rajasthan