Designer - Graphics and Communications, Nila House, Jaipur
Position - Full-time/Internship
Job title Designer - Graphics and Communications
Reports to Visual Communications Manager
The Nila organisation sits at the intersection of craft, design, sustainability and community empowerment. A ground-breaking non-profit initiative, Nila is unique in its scope, encompassing all stages of the Indian craft value chain.The foundation - undertaking corporate social responsibility projects for JCB India - addresses the core needs required for the survival of a progressive, thriving craft industry in today’s global economy. Nila is the operating title given to all core projects of this foundation, based out of Nila House in Jaipur.
Nila is looking for an accomplished and efficient candidate to support its design, documentation and dissemination requirements. Through its wide-ranging platforms and projects, Nila serves as a beacon of excellence, inspiring members of the global textile industry to achieve unprecedented levels of accountability through regenerative processes and social responsibility. This innovative, integrated approach leads the conversation on how to build a regenerative, thriving craft industry for future generations. The visual communications space enables, initiates and sustains these conversations.
Nila is a non-profit initiative founded to preserve and celebrate the unparalleled cr
The Designer - Graphics and Communications will be required to support the Visual Communications Manager on all projects from a macro to micro level and perform the following duties:
· Assist with creating artworks and illustrations for social media, outreach, publications, packaging, presentations and written reports.
· Assist in the development of newsletters, booklets, pamphlets, presentations, look books and line sheets.
· Supervise / quality check execution with vendors as per expected standards
· Coordinate and follow up with printers / vendors for execution of print collaterals / prototypes / samples
· Documentation (photographs / videos) of workshops, events, design processes, fabrics and explorations of craft techniques.
· Assist on the sampling and product photography shoots.
· Image editing / colour correction / resizing
· Maintain and manage digital files and artworks.
· Uploading content on the website.
· Coordinate with all departments for smooth functioning.
· Administrative processes according to the norms of the organisation and its respective partners
· Design graduate or postgraduate degree with a specialisation in Communication Design / Graphic Design / Photography
· Proven experience of relevant work - 3+ years, with a creative portfolio of relevant work.
· Strong experience with design softwares and graphics editing tools (Adobe Suite - Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom)
· Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping)
· Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
· Teamwork skills
· Time management and multitasking abilities
· Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
Location: Nila House, Centre of Excellence, Jaipur
Job Status: Full Time
Timing: 10 am to 6 pm
Working days: 6 days Monday to Saturday
Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan