*Job Description – Project Lead (Full-time)*
*Organisation:* SOFIA Educational & Welfare Society < ngosofia.org >
*Project:* Livelihoods & Meaningful Occupation for Adults with Disabilities
*Location:* Northeast Delhi, India
*Work-Station:* SOFIA office at H. No. 663, Gali No. 6, Old Mustafabad, Delhi - 110094.
*Application closing date: 21st July 2023*
SOFIA is an established organisation, with nearly 20 years experience of working with a range of marginalised populations in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. One of its on-going efforts addresses the disabled population of Northeast Delhi, which is in the process of being expanded.
The project focuses on collecting and analysing data on the disabled population of the area, facilitating the provision of governmental welfare benefits to the needy, addressing health, rehabilitation and aids requirements of the beneficiaries, vocational skilling, livelihood provisions and creation of meaningful occupations for this marginalised population. It also looks at picking up advocacy related issues within the community, with various stakeholders including the government.
We are looking for a person to be the Project Lead for this endeavour. The role would require the following:
Ensuring the smooth functioning of the project and its objectives;
Supervising the day-to-day activities of the project and the community workers;? Mentoring and time to time training on disability related issues, etiquettes and engagement of the community workers and other staff of the organisation, as and when required;
Taking lead of issues that need to addressed, at both individual and macro levels;
Coordinating communications with different stakeholders, partners, donors and governmental bodies;
Report writing, editing of submitted reports by community workers;
Represent the project and the organisation at various platforms, meetings and stakeholder engagements;
Overseeing financial expenditures with the accountant; and
Regular reporting to the Project Consultant and any other identified person within SOFIA.
- A minimum qualification of a. Master’s in social work or disability studies or social science or any other related field.
- Leadership qualities for mentoring and understanding of project management.
- Preferred pervious work experience of project supervision and management.
- A minimum of at-least 7-10 years work experience working on the issues of either development issues or health or livelihoods or disability. Experience of work in disability would be preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft office, internet searches and social media platforms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with children / adults with disabilities and their families.
- Fluency in speaking and writing Hindi and English.
- Demonstrated ability of writing.
- Willingness to travel and make visits within the project area.
- Willingness to travel to other areas of Delhi as needed.
- Flexible to accommodate to needs of the job within reason.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to undergo training, both physical and via virtual platform.
*Duration of the project / working hours:*
Full time with flexibility
6 weeks probation period.
*Salary: Rs. 35,000/- per month.* Local travel expense will be reimbursed on actual.
*Salary is negotiable in light of experience and proficiency.
*For Application, please send the following:*
1. Your updated CV
2. A one-page covering letter containing a description of your motivation for the above-stated position and your related experience.
Submit your application by email to *firstname.lastname@example.org* latest by 21st of July 2023.
Location: Mustafabad, Delhi