Title: Senior Research Associate – Public Health
Project: Urban Health Initiative
Location: Mumbai/ Bangalore (preferred); or Work-from-home
About the Project
Collective Good Foundation (CGF) (https://collectivegood.in/about-us/) is dedicated to developing ecosystems that facilitate sustainable impact. It provides comprehensive programme design and implementation solutions to companies and social organisations to address issues across cause areas; enhancing capacities in the development sector and building interventions that can be scaled. Driving solutions that impact the economic climate and behavioral influences of a young nation, in association with a network of stakeholders, CGF intends to create positive social value. Its strong investments in knowledge, research, and a unique cutting-edge technology tool, enables corporate partners, foundations, and implementation agencies to develop informed solutions that can build a sustainable future for the nation as a whole.
Collective Good Foundation currently houses the Urban Health Initiative, an Initiative which adopts a multi-disciplinary approach to address health and related issues of people living in urban areas, with a focus on the urban poor and vulnerable populations. The Urban Health Initiative intends to bring together urban practitioners, public health experts, donor agencies, government stakeholders and non-profit organisations to develop a convergent, longitudinal and preventive approach to primary healthcare in India. It minimizes duplication of efforts and captures, contextualizes and replicates best practices, while fostering innovation.
About the Role
The Collective Good Foundation (CGF) intends to recruit a Senior Research Associate – Public Health for the Urban Health Initiative. The Senior Research Associate will play a critical role in shaping the overall strategy of the Urban Health Initiative, bringing in a public health perspective to design interventions for the urban population. Therefore, it is important that the selected candidate has:
- Familiarity and a sense of deep understanding of the state of urban health in India, including its challenges, status of determinants of health, healthcare delivery system and models, relevant policies and programmes.
- A strong foundation in public health research (and research methods in general), with excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Ability to filter relevant information and present the same in a coherent and articulate manner.
Overall, we are looking for an energetic, analytical and passionate young professional who is driven and self-motivated. Since co-ordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders is required, it is important that the selected candidate is familiar, adept and comfortable working with a diverse group of people.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
· Provide technical inputs on public health and ensure timely submission of high-quality project deliverables, as per requirements.
· Assist the project team in the conceptualization, design and execution of landscape analysis, needs assessments, research studies and rapid assessments (including support in the identification of research questions, conducting stakeholder interviews, etc).
· Track best practices in the urban health space, and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues, policy interventions and innovations, national as well as global.
· Assist in the development of presentations, concept notes, research briefs, project reports, case studies, etc. as required.
· Organise and coordinate multi-stakeholder dialogues, seminars, roundtables and workshops to identify gaps and opportunities in the urban health space,
· Undertake quantitative and qualitative data analysis, using SPSS/ Stata/ other data analysis tools.
· Coordinate with internal and external team members, as required.
· Perform any other tasks and responsibilities as may be required, from time to time.
Educational Qualification and Professional Experience
· Advanced university degree or equivalent in public health or related fields.
· 4-5 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following: public health research, programme design and management, urban health, data management, consulting, strategic planning in health or related sector (preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in urban health).
· Strong foundations in public health research methodologies, with experience of conducting/ being part of research studies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with prior writing and analysis experience demonstrated through published papers, journal articles, etc
· Familiarity with public data sources related to public health, and knowledge of SPSS/ STATA
· Knowledge of systems thinking and systems mapping; and ability/ willingness to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to solve health problems
· Strong presentation, problem solving and analytical skills;
· Intellectual curiosity and thirst for learning;
· Attentive to detail and results-oriented.
· Proactive, ability to self-motivate and work under minimal supervision.
· Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Word.