The Senior Manager - Grant Management and Fundraising is a key management role responsible for managing the organization's fundraising efforts, including grant acquisition, donor relationship management, and revenue generation.
Core Roles and Responsibilities: 70%
Grant and Fundraising Strategy:
· Develop and implement a comprehensive grant and fundraising strategy, outlining goals, objectives, planning, and action plans to meet revenue targets.
· Identify new opportunities and diversify the organization's funding sources.
Grant Acquisition and Proposal Development:
· Identify potential funding opportunities from foundations, government agencies, companies, and other grant-making institutions.
· Conduct research to understand the funding priorities and requirements of potential grantors.
· Lead the development of compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with the organization's mission and program objectives.
· Close collaboration with International Philanthropy Team and other stakeholders to gather relevant data and information for proposal narratives and budgets.
· Develop and broaden corporate support, especially on CSR (identifying partners, building relationships and fostering partnerships).
· Cultivate a deep understanding and keep up-to-date on the evolution of donor policies, national regulations, and procedures.
Grant Compliance and Reporting:
· Oversee the post-award process for grant-funded projects, ensuring compliance with grant requirements and reporting deadlines.
· Collaborate with program managers to track and report on the progress and impact of grant-funded activities.
· Ensure accurate and timely submission of grant reports to funders, providing detailed information on program outcomes and financial expenditures.
Donor Cultivation and Relationship Management:
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and potential donors, including individual, corporate, and institutional funders.
· Develop personalized stewardship plans for major donors to ensure ongoing engagement and support.
· Organize donor cultivation events, meetings, and site visits to showcase the organization's impact and build strong connections with donors.
Budgeting and Financial Reporting:
· Work closely with the finance team to develop and monitor the fundraising budget, ensuring financial sustainability and responsible resource allocation.
· Provide regular financial reports and updates to the organization's leadership and Country Director regarding fundraising progress and performance.
Link Responsibilities: 15%
· Collaborate with the programs, communication, and finance teams to ensure cohesive strategies aligned with the organization's overall goals.
· Network with other nonprofit organizations, community leaders, and potential partners to explore collaborative grants opportunities and share best practices.
Systemic Responsibilities: 15%
· Engage in upholding and strengthening the core values of the organisation, foster transparent and open feedback system.
· Actively assist the leadership team in fostering a work culture embedded in the core values in principles of the organisation.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
Skills and competencies:
? Proven existing network within institutional grantmaking partners and private sector in India.
? Strong networking and relationship-building skills to engage with stakeholders such as funders, government agencies, partners, together with community members, and to maintain a long-term relationship based on trust.
? Knowledge of public relations, marketing, and advocacy strategies to promote the organization's mission and impact.
· Fluent in English and ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to develop program strategies, set objectives, and ensure effective implementation and evaluation.
· Ability to think strategically and contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies.
· Ability to manage resources effectively, including financial, human, and material resources.
· Proven track record in driving innovation, identifying opportunities for growth, and implementing change initiatives.
· Knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and advancements in the non-profit sector.
· Strong IT/computer skills including Google Suite.