Job / Role Summary:
The Assistant Accountant is a project-based position and will be responsible for managing project’s finance including verifications of project expenses, budget control, facilitating fund request / fund transfers & annual audits, finance related compliance and audit management. It will also include assisting in certain areas to provide support to finance and admin team members and the organization at large as needed.
Key Job Responsibility:
• Serve as key contact person for retrieval of financial, administration and procurement records of the project
• Provide day-to-day financial and administrative support in the project.
• Review financial documents such as vendor invoices, Staff claims, Consultant payment and other routine expenses vouchers to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
• Payment disbursement including preparing forms and receipts for approval and payment of personal reimbursements, travel reimbursements, consultant payments and travel/project advances of the staff.
• Responsible for filling all documentation in proper order.
• Regular follow up with staffs and vendors for timely submission of bills and claims.
• Maintain proper documentation of all financial transactions, filing of accounting documents and accounting records compatible with standard accounting practice of Jamghat and Donor Guidelines.
• Manage petty cash as per Jamghat policy; prepare timely voucher, ledger and summary as well as timely submission of replenishment.
• Tracking of Inventory/Assets i.e. issued to staffs, movement of assets, regular updating, prepare documentation for handing over and taking over by the staffs.
• Develop and maintain vendor database.
• Keep track on budget utilization and prepare periodic MIS and variance report for project team and management for decision making
• Oversee overall budget, budget compliance, re-cast/revision in budget as per MoU signed with the donor
• Prepare periodic financial report as per agreed timeline with donor and coordination with Project Team and Funder for any reports required.
• Support Finance Manager in Statutory and Donor Audit.
• Other support or duties assigned by the organisation.
• Accuracy and strong computation skills.
• Attention to details and ability to produce documents and coordinate activities with little supervision.
• Proficient to work on MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point and accounting software Tally ERP.
• Good verbal and written communications skill in English and Hindi.
• Willingness to learn and adapt new things.
• Flexibility as and when required.
• Bachelors of Commerce / BBA with 2 - 4 years relevant work experience in finance, accounts, administration, procurement and office management.
• Experience of working in NGOs is essential.
Interested candidates may please send your CVs by 30th August’2023, at email@example.com with email subject line as Assistant Accountant.
Location: Delhi, Delhi