Brighter Future Development Trust is a charitable organization established in the year 2002 and registered under Trust act with Regn No 08/BK4/2002, working for people affected by Leprosy, children in need, persons with disability in Andhra Pradesh and Odisha States. Having its head quarter in Vizianagaram of Andhra Pradesh state and field office in Sai Priya Nagar, Rayagada of Odisha State.
Brighter Future Development Trust looking for a District Coordinator for its project namely REACH Me (Raising Empowerment, Advocacy in communities a holistic approach for zero leprosy transmission, zero disability and zero discrimination.
Roles and Responsibilities of. District Coordinator
• Mapping beneficiaries, People affected by Leprosy and Filaria.
• Conduct Stake Holders Meeting
• Create awareness on rights of people affected by leprosy, Filaria & their families and to increase capacities.
• Should provide technical support to Government General Health system in diagnosis a case of leprosy, treatment and complications management.
• Coordinate with the health department to ensure proper services to people affected by leprosy and Filaria.
• Coordinate and establish linkages with key stakeholders and officials in select
platforms and departments at the district level such as DLO/DMO/Dy.PMO and PHCs
• Coordinate and follow up for supply of IEC materials at the field level.
• Provide relevant presentation and reading materials for orientation at the block level.
• To support high risk blocks in conducting training of FLWs/Volunteers especially on social mobilization component.
• Coordinate with MIS Officer and support in preparing his/her district reports.
• Any other responsibility assigned by Programme Manager/Director.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines.
• Provide timely feedback on programme reports and other documents relating to programmes to Programme Manager.
• Maintain up to date accurate records on all programme activities
• Support the compilation of information about Project, including workshop reports, quarterly and annual reports.
• Assist in managing any relevant external technical support that may be required for programme.
He/She should work considering the Zero Leprosy Transmission, Zero Disability and Zero Discrimination.
Zero Leprosy Transmission:
• Capacity Building to ANMs on leprosy diagnosis, treatment, complication management, disability prevention and medical rehabilitation (DPMR)
• Capacity Building to ASHAs/AWWs on signs/symptoms of leprosy/LF for early identification of suspected cases and on referral mechanism
• Sensitisation to RMP/PMPs on leprosy and referral mechanisms.
• Organize health and Medical camps and case detection camps.
• Creating awareness under mass communication on leprosy in communities through rallies, observation of Anti-leprosy/Anti-disability days, street plays, mass media etc.
• Organizing leprosy awareness programmes in schools/colleges and screening camps with govt health workers.
Zero Leprosy Disability:
DPMR (Disability Prevention and Medical Rehabilitation) Activities
Should able to conduct IPoD (Integrated Prevention of Disability) Camps with People affected by leprosy and Filaria.
Able to teach self-care practices.
Carry out need assessments and provide customized foot wear and self-care kits as per the need.
Able to select and refer cases for RCS (Reconstructive Surgery).
Zero Leprosy Discrimination:
Advocacy for the Rights of People affected by leprosy.
• Vocational trainings
• Promotion of Livelihood through Income Generation Programmes.
Minimum Graduation in any stream.
Trained in Para Medical Worker/Physio Therapy Technician in Leprosy is preferred.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the community preferably in the field of leprosy.
Good Communication skills.
Coordination with Project team and stake holders of relevant Private and Government sectors.
Location: Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh