· To oversee project implementation and coordination of the Children’s Parliaments (CP) in India. Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the project.
· Collate and compile reports - result based monitoring and evaluation and impact assessment of the CP project from all state and zonal coordinators. Prepare monthly reports, quarterly and final completion reports.
· Develop strategic framework for implementation of action plans. Coordinate and monitor implementation of the CP project and manage day-to-day operations and activities in all 6 zones.
· Ensure projects are implemented as per the action plan and timely completion of deliverables.
· Initiate the setting up of a media centre with the Communications and Media Coordinator to increase broadcasting of our activities through radio programs, regular interviews, sharing of children’s stories and developing a system for collecting regular updates from all zones for newsletters.
· Catalyse the team in the conceptualization of target outcomes of the Children’s Parliaments projects.
· Facilitate in the preparation of annual work plans, budget and narrative reports in coordination with zonal coordinators. Consolidate reports coming from various project partners.
· Conduct regular monitoring. Monitor and mentor partners and conduct training of trainers (project officers, state coordinators, zonal coordinators and community facilitators) on specific CP manuals, SDG Manuals, Advocacy Manual and other topics related to child led advocacy and child participation.
· Develop training modules and facilitate training workshops and programs for children and adult facilitators to encourage children’s participation and child led advocacy actions.
· Oversee and support the development of learning resource packages, documents, reports, and presentations according to the program for internal program needs and externally for dissemination.
· Organise periodic meetings with project partners and stakeholders and share inputs to review CP plans and enhancement of strategies based on the lessons learnt in the field; develop, implement and manage a knowledge management plan to ensure that key achievements and lessons learned of the national, state and local level networks are documented.
· Implement a capacity building program through trainings, exposures, mentoring, and meetings involving coordinators, partners and children.
· Actively participate in the review and updating of CP and advocacy processes and tools along with Advocacy Manager.
· Coordinate and collaborate with government officials, donors, all stakeholders and members.
· Develop credible partnerships and collaborations with government functionaries, parliamentarians, policy makers, government officials, social activists and other influencers.
· Network with both internal and external stakeholders (WCD, NCPCR, DCPCR, ICDS, UNICEF, other partners involved in the project and manage the partnership) and help increase visibility of the organisation.
· Oversee local and regional capacity building training of target beneficiaries and team.
· Prepare quality check reports and devise a responsive and responsible feedback mechanism for beneficiaries and stakeholders.
· Assist in overseeing financial management of the projects.
· Develop strategic plans for fundraising and garnering support for our campaigns.
· Ensure timely completion of deliverables as mentioned and any other work as may be assigned.
· Ensure that the values, vision, mission and policies of the organisation are upheld.
Title: National Coordinator, House of Kidizens Project (HoK)
Reports to: Senior Program Manager/Operation Lead
No of Positions: 1
Educational qualification: A post graduate degree in Social Work or any relevant discipline. Essential fluency in English and Hindi.
Experience: 4-6 years of experience in project implementation, management and networking.
Travel: Visit to project districts and partner states once every month
Essential requirements: Good project management and implementation skills, strong networking and communication skills, efficient in working independently and with a team. Willingness and ability to travel frequently. Problem-solving and strong analytical skills.
Salary range : 40-50 K according to qualification and experiences.