MISSION/VISSION OF GRB:
a. Vision and mission of our organization: Rights of Equality for our Transgender Community in every sector of a civil society and Respect and dignity to Transgender community (M to F and F to M)
Working on KP Grant funded by the GFATM or Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; aiming to provide community strengthening under the Principal Recipient Plan India, Sub Recipient NNTP or National Network of Transgender Persons is trying to bring members together to take collective action and generate solutions for the benefit of the community.
SCOPE OF WORK OF THE CONSULTANCY
The Project Director is the project oversight who will see to the implementation to the whole project. The success of the project will be dependent on the Project Director. To achieve full achievement, the Project director must monitor the progress, oversee finance and ensure project quality. Strategic decisions and providing leadership and direction to the project will be the work of the Project Director. Managing risks to avoid delays or reputational damages will also be undertaken by the same.
WORK TYPE: Full time
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS& EXPERIENCE:
• 2-3 years minimum in the social development sector with knowledge about reporting (Program and finance), documentation.
• Should be a confident user of MS Office, independent handling of e-mail & internet.
• Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Capacity building of the project team.
• Coordination with district and block level Governmental departmental offices like hospitals, DSLSA, social welfare departments, etc for organizing workshops for improving facilities for Transgender/Hijra individuals in Health care facilities.
• Implementing organization should ensure the appointment of all staff according to the approved proposal by NNTP and ensure all documents pertaining to staff in the project office.
• Maintaining liaison with NNTP, government officials, and other key stakeholders.
• Take lead to network with key district level officials such as the District Magistrate, Superintendent of Police, and other officials of departments to sensitize them about the project activities, HIV/AIDS and the role of the community.
• Conduct monthly project progress review meetings and attend other project level meetings as much as possible.
• Participate in advocacy efforts with key stakeholders at the district level (political and religious leaders, other service providers, social welfare schemes, etc.).
• Advocacy with the government departments and the SACS members for community strengthening.
• Reporting of training and advocacy with proper documentation.
• Maintain oversight over the project activities and ensure the financial integrity of the project.
• Ensure and facilitate any other activities approved by NNTP with the project.
• Support the compilation of information about programmes, including workshop reports, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and review and re-planning reports.
• Responsible to conduct activities on a timely basis.
• Actively coordinate and take part in the baseline assessment till the impact assessment of the programme.
• Monitor, review and evaluate the progress and impact of capacity building programmes.
• Assets purchased and documents under the project to be ensured in the project office and it should be kept as per the guidelines.
• Establish and coordinate partnerships (working groups, coordinating mechanisms, stakeholder meetings) to support the implementation of the project.
• Contribute to wider knowledge-sharing on transgender and hijra issues at the grassroots level.
• Develop and implement a project communication plan, including online activities.
• Ensure handover of unspent balance of the project account, assets and all other documents/records related to the project within 15 days of closure of the contract or intimate NNTP in case of
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal