• Gathering on-field audio-visual communication points and developing projection plans, developing, and implementing the annual communication plan
• Managing, development, distribution, updation and maintenance of all print and digital content & information including, project reports, key learning documents, campaigns, outreach, annual reports, website, newsletters, mailers, brochures, etc. in a periodical and regularized manner, for easy access for internal & external use
• Material & tool adaption & development for use in conducting on ground activities like meetings, workshops etc.
• Improving visibility of Utthan’s efforts, work & outcomes along with planning and execution of events, campaigns, public affairs, conferences, meetings etc.
• Managing organization owned communication assets and platforms to include website, social media and online organization profiles as well as liasioning with the media
• Identifying and taking up actions to improve capacities of Utthan stakeholders (team, community leaders) to communicate their story through varied methods
• Build & hone capacity of team and community leaders to better communicate their agenda to their stakeholders by appropriate use of tools and materials.
• Implementing mechanism for monitoring and evaluating the annual communication plan
• Periodic sharing of analyses from the Communications work so as to inform organizational decision making
• Establish linkages & synergies with Programme & Area Leads, other Functions, field teams for implementation, generating innovative knowledge content and collective mandate building to communicate the Utthan story.
• Ensure close coordination between Support office and Field offices, through regular communication with relevant stakeholders and reporting to Management & Collaborate with relevant external stakeholders to strengthen the function
• Represent Utthan in relevant State and national Networks, alliances and with other stakeholders for exchange of knowledge and learnings.
• Support and advise the management on the implementations & growth of the Communications function, its link with other functions and Programmes & Participate in relevant organizational planning and programming
• Provide regular feedback, support Performance Appraisals and Capacity enhancement plans of associated team
• A drive to build collaborative relationships and co-create: establish goals, transform problems, enhance outcomes for results.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation) and strong editorial skills.
• Fluency in the English language & Working knowledge of Gujarati and/or Hindi.
Nice to have:
• 2-3 years of experience in collaborative & cooperative roles in the Communications field
• A degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or relevant fields.
• Hands on experience with Microsoft office, spreadsheets, presentation, collaborations & communication software, SEO and web traffic metrics, in-depth understanding of social media.
• Experience in managing the website content (big brownie points!)
Please visit www.utthangujarat.org and select the “get involved” Tab -- click “Apply for job” and fill the form and upload the “CV”.
Please submit your interest via:
1. Share an idea on how (give some situation to handle like how would you manage a campaign_____________ which they may write in not more than 500 words)
2. Optional: if you have a design portfolio, feel free to attach
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat