• Communicate with the program team to ensure timely receive of purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labeling, branding, and marking.
• Initiate the procurement process following organization’s procurement policy.
• Timely procurement of goods and services required for the project.
• Identify goods supplier, transporter and warehousing facilities for project supported goods for targeted community and for the organization.
• Coordinate with the Donor procurement and logistic team for guidance and compliance requirements.
• Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
• Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
• Communicate with program and finance staff to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status.
• Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality; they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
• Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed.
• Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
• Ensure timely delivery of goods to the warehouses, final distribution centers at community and to the target project party Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal.
• Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented.
• Participate field-level project review meetings.
• Develop strong relationship with supplier, transporter and relevant stakeholders.
• To work as a team member and support other members in executing the planned activities
• To carry out other activities as requested by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree preferred. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent field strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain, logistics and procurement management.
• Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
• Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply with a covering letter along with recently updated CV for the position of Procurement and logistic officer. Application for “Procurement and logistic officer” should be mentioned in Subject line. The email ID for the submission of application is email@example.com. Closing date for the submission of application is 14/10/2023.
Location: Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh