Overview of Department
Shaurya Foundation Trust, Palwal, Independent Living Programme is for Persons with Intellectual Development Disabilities of age 16 years and above with mission to build their skills for economic empowerment and independent living in their community, creating opportunities for open, self and supported employment by networking with corporate to support for their skilling and placement.
Role & Responsibilities
To this end key functions of Enabled Living Programme (ELP) Facilitator are included but not limited to the following :
1. Will assist in designing and supervising Individualized Training Programme (ITP) for persons with intellectual challenges.
2. Will assist in training for caretaking staff and will independently supervise Caretakers & Housekeepers.
3. Will ensure maintenance and upkeep of health, hygiene and general welfare of the resident trainees (PwDs) who are residing in rooms and other supportive staff as well and shall immediately attend and report any concern regarding their health, sickness, diet, sanitation and cleanliness to appropriate authorities.
4. Will supervise resident trainees & supportive staff in following the rules & training protocols framed for ELP.
5. Must establish a rapport with resident PwDs, and provide quick response in case of any incidents/emergencies.
6. Will take complete responsible for security, upkeep of hygiene, sanitation, meals/diet as per schedule & menu, medicines, room maintenance and other essentials, day to day toiletry supplies for resident trainees.
7. Shall gather necessary information on Disability Laws and Practices in India & abroad
8. Empathize with and counsel families and adults with disabilities with sensitivity if required.
9. Will in ensuring safe and healthy living and training environment for resident trainees in support with Caretakers.
10. Will enforce discipline and code of conduct of SFT
Eligibility (Education & Experience)
Graduate (preferably in Psychology/Social Work) with 5-10 years of experience in managing a hostel for Adults with Disabilities, including intellectually challenged individuals.
The role is a challenging position and requires a fine balance between enforcing discipline and supporting and bonding with PwDs.
You must be approachable 24 x 7 to all resident trainees & staff.
You must be able to respect confidentiality, be empathetic and patient.
You must be proactive, take personal responsibility, and have the ability to go beyond the call of duty.
Ability to work in a team.
Good communication skills.
Good writing skills to capture data, collect feedback etc.
Venue of Work: Shaurya Foundation Trust , NH-19, Delhi-Agra Road, Village : Aurangabad, Palwal - 121105 , Haryana
Days of work: This is a full time residential position.
Salary: as per market standards, commensurate with the experience.
Location: Palwal, Haryana