The role of Coordinator is critical to the success of Udayan Care’s initiatives. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play an important role in girl education with enormous potential impact.
The person will be a coordinator of great caliber with the flexibility, tenacity and enthusiasm both to manage programme implementation and documentation.
Section 3 | Key Responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of the vision, objectives and structural elements of the USF Programme.
• Serve as an ambassador of the USF Programme to All constituencies: Students, Parents, School teachers, Principals, Government Officials & Members of the public.
• Lead the Programme and take it to greater heights.
Business & Strategic
• Help the management team in developing policies and improvement in the programme.
• Participate in effective donor management by sustaining the current donors by timely effective reporting, and bringing back to the fold the lapsed donors by effective communications
• Participate in developing performance measures that support and evaluate the implementation of USF Programme.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the programme team and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and volunteers.
• Interact with Core Committee members in different chapters of USF for successful implementation of the programme
• Develop and maintain systems and processes to maintain donors, fellows, and volunteer’s database.
• Gather and analyze information about programme implementation and take corrective actions.
• Prepare monthly updates and reports for the management.
• Plan and supervise the departmental as well as individuals' performance.
• Manage relationship within the team and with other departments of Udayan Care regarding USF programme.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the donors, corporate, government partners, providing nurturance and putting in place mechanisms to support collaboration and cross organizational working.
Financial & Administrative
• Maintain records of personal details of all USFs and Mentors and details of all activities conducted
• Prepare and submit weekly / monthly / quarterly reports as required by Core Committee, Head Office and Funding Agencies
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports
• Generate funding proposals for raising additional funds
• Correspond with USFs, parents, mentors and school's / government agencies as required
• Travel to other chapters to conduct workshops and events or as required for training or to attend review meetings
• Create effective work planning and management systems to ensure work remains on track and effectively prioritized, including regular strategic reviews of USF programme.
• Ensure that all aspects of Udayan Care's functioning in terms of USF Programme fall within the legal framework of the law of the land in general, especially in terms of Child Protection Policy and Media Policy on girl child.
• Design appropriate evaluation tools, including rigorous academic assessment where appropriate
• Ensure the selection of the girls under the programme and holding of workshops as per guidelines
• Carry out any additional duties and projects assigned by the Convenor of the local USF Core Committee, Chief Mentor of USF Programme or the Managing Trustee of Udayan Care or H.O.
• The job will involve travelling within NCR and India.
Section 4 | Experience & Qualification
• 0 to 2 years of work experience in a relevant field. Freshers too can be considered.
• Masters in social work / sociology / psychology or any other stream.
• Should have a Police clearance certificate.
• Should have a Criminal self-declaration certificate.
Section 5 | Skills and knowledge
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding networking and relationship building skills.
• Proficient in computer softwares like Excel, office, powerpoint, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and social values.
• Ability to advocate for children.
• Knowledge of key requirements of JJ Act 2000/ 2015 for the care & protection of children is a must.
• Awareness of theories of child development & impact of trauma on normal development.
• Understanding of living in group care.
Udayan Care is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by laws in India.
Location: Delhi, Delhi