1. Job Title: Lawyer (Consultancy – Contractual with 2 month probation, subject to review)
2. Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
3. Remuneration: 20000/-
4. Time: 5 hours daily, 6 days a week.
5. Qualification and skills:
• Graduate or Post Graduate in Law.
• Experience of at least 4-5 years of court practice in taking up cases of vulnerable groups, especially in urban settings.
• Excellent communication skills including reading, writing and articulation
• Excellent language skills in any one language – Hindi or English
6. Job Overview:
• He / She/they will be responsible for guiding survivors/families in cases regarding atrocities on children, women, Dalits or other marginalised groups.
• Representation in courts in cases concerning SC/ST Act, POCSO, DV and other human rights laws or committees like CWC as and when required.
• Provide consultation at the community based legal aid centres every month
• Organize and participate in Jan Sunwais and social protection camps; look into cases of rejection of documents.
• Engage with police stations and offer legal advice to unsupported cases.
• Conduct training sessions for para-legals and build their capacity to run the Community based legal aid cell.
• Coordinate with the Access to Justice team to collate cases registered & build a rapport that will work as an advocacy tool with DLSA / Govt. departments & network with other organizations that work on similar issues.
• Working together with the youth leadership in the organization. Ability to jointly facilitate community development processes
• Documentation of cases as per program requirements
• Participate in Research processes related to Access to Justice.
• Participate in fact finding missions.
• Engage with networks and participate in advocacy initiatives at the City level
• Participate in organization meetings and processes as and when required.
7. Core Skills Expected:
• Impactful listening, writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrable understanding of Constitutional values, local issues which concern Socio-Economic, Cultural as well as Civil Rights
• Excellent Communication and management skills.
• Demonstrable skills to understand and use Social Media platforms.
8. Growth Opportunity:
• Gaining experience of rights-based, pro-people community development work in urban areas with most marginalized groups, adding significant value to your work profile.
• Opportunity for participation in workshops, symposiums, online trainings and orientations on areas of your work and interest.
• Opportunity of engaging with senior development practitioners including media persons, activists, academicians and other influencers.
• Opportunity to develop your capacities, improve communication skills and engage on a range of issues including child rights, feminism, gender, constitutional rights, youth engagement, media, communication, participatory approaches and principles of facilitating collective community action.
• Personal guidance and support for engaging in further studies from the organization management group.
Eligible candidates may send in their detailed CV along with a covering letter stating why you are suited for this position to email@example.com
Applicants are required to have a two-wheeler of their own.
1. Last date of application: Nov 20, 2023
2. Preference will be given to women candidates belonging to Dalit/Adivasi /Religious Minority & LGBTQA+ groups.
3. Appointment process will be inclusive of online & individual interviews with group discussions and writing, analysis & critique tasks.
4. Please do not make any calls. You may write in with your queries (if any) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh