Post- Outreach Worker (ORW), Targeted Intervention Project (IDU)
No of Position- 1 (Female)
Name of the Organization: VISHWA JEEVAN SEVA SANGHA (VJSS), Khordha, Odisha
Title of the Project: Targeted Intervention project among IDUS for control and prevention of HIV/AIDS
Location: Bhubaneswar, Khordha, Odisha
A walk-in-interview will be conducted on dt.20.10.2023, at 02.00 PM to 5.00 PM in the TI (IDU) office, Bhubaneswar, VJSS, At-Shova Bhawan, Plot No- 955/4248, Gobindeswara Lane, Gosagareswara Chowk, Old town, Bhubaneswar for filling up one ORW (Female) in (IDU) Injecting Drug Users TI project which is supported by OSACS Odisha State AIDS Control Society, Bhubaneswar. Interested Candidates are requested to come along with their resume, self-attested photocopies of all mark sheets, certificates, photographs & experience certificates. You are requested to bring original documents for verification. The under signed reserves the right to cancel the advertisement/selection process at any time without assigning any reason thereof. Salary and T.A as per the sanctioned budget of Odisha state AIDS control Society (OSACS).
• Should be educated at least up to 8th standard with good knowledge of the local community and local language
• Should have good knowledge of the functioning of TIs and special preference would be given to experienced female PEs or clients who are stabilized on OST Spouses or female partners of male IDUs are encouraged to apply
Roles and responsibilities (ORW)
• Compilation of data of IDUs who are married and/or staying with the regular sexual partners and Female Injecting Drug users (FIDUs) in the project area in consultation with the Program Manager M&E Officer.
• Preparation of micro plan, risk and vulnerability analysis to provide need based services to the spouses/sexual partners of the IDUs and FIDUs in the project area.
• Conduct One to one and one to group sessions on Harm reduction, safer injecting, OST, overdose, correct and consistent use of condoms etc., Reproductive and Child Health, STIs, basic health problems
• To develop field/site visit plan in consultation with Project Manager and ORWs to reach out to the spouses/sexual partners of IDUs and FIDUs.
• Conduct demand analysis of needles &syringes and condoms
• Ensure uninterrupted free supply of needles & syringes and condoms as per the demand
• Sensitize the spouses/sexual partners on their role to ensure adherence of IDUs who are on OST and motivate FIDUs for OST.
• Prepare and mobilize the spouses/sexual partners of IDUs and FIDUs for health check-up or HIV counseling & Testing
• Ensure linkages and adherence to ART drugs and regular medical checkup with ICTC, ART, STI clinic etc.
• Conduct Family Life education counseling for couple for enhancing positive family environment
• Identify key stakeholders in the communities and facilitate the advocacy activities with them
• Identifying various social security schemes and ensuring linkages of clients with appropriate schemes
• Provides support to coordinate the DIC activities involving the spouses/sexual partners of IDUs and FIDUs
• Maintain records of free condoms/Needle and Syringes received from the project and distributed by self or Peer Educators to FIDUs
• Update the Program Manager on activities accomplished as planned and any need based
• Reporting and follow up action points to address any issues identified
• Facilitate crisis response activities identify rehabilitation centers for IDUs and promote linkages with them.
Salary: Rs.10500/- (Rupees ten thousand five hundred per month)
Please note that no travel expenses will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates can apply for above said post with their resume to the Mail Id- email@example.com or may contact to the phone No- 9040196028, 7978689167
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha