To oversee and help administer care related to the veterinary emergency, animal rescue, and rehabilitation operations of PFA Uttarakhand and to communicate with government agencies, NGOs, and local bodies as needed.
Term of Employment:
Member Secretary, People for Animals Uttarakhand
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Performing veterinary procedures such as colic surgery, or removing tumours.
• Prescribing medications for treatment of diseases and conditions.
• Diagnosing conditions and identifying the causes of illness in equines.
• Monitoring the health of equines admitted at the Infirmary.
• Performing physical examinations on horses to assess their general health.
• Educating owners about proper care of their animals.
• Providing medical treatment to horses through diagnostic testing and drug administration.
• Treating horses using surgical and non-surgical methods, including prescribing medication or performing surgery.
• Oversee the delivery of PFA Uttarakhand’s infirmaries in Kedarnath, including the administration of treatment.
• Ensure compliance with PFA Uttarakhand’s infirmaries reporting system, including by working with other staff in the shelter.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the treatment of animals, handling of animal emergencies.
• Maintain records for supplies and equipment inventory and ensure that proper storage, maintenance, quality, and quantity checks are conducted.
• Prepare and submit veterinary reports every month related to animals and treatment on a regular basis along with photos.
• Represent PFA Uttarakhand professionally to the public, other organisations, volunteers, veterinarians, government agencies, police, and others.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Veterinary graduate degree approved by the Veterinary Council of India.
• Prior experience in a similar role, including working with equine animals. Managerial experience is plus.
• General knowledge of handling veterinary emergency, rescue, and rehabilitation work.
• Compassion, responsibility, and self-motivation.
• Fluency in written and verbal Hindi and English.
• Knowledge of other local Indian languages is a plus.
• Computer proficiency.
• Passion for working to end cruelty to animals and helping animals in need.
• Exceptional organisational and time-management skills, including multi-tasking.
• Ability to deal professionally with animal-protection organisations, volunteers, other contacts, and the general public.
• Ability and willingness to travel independently, as needed, to handle emergency, rescue, and rehabilitation work.
• Supportive position vis-à-vis PFA Uttarakhand’s philosophy and the ability to advocate for PFA Uttarakhand’s positions on issues professionally.
How to Apply: Kindly mail your updated CV and cover letter on email@example.com
Location: Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand