Roles & Responsibilities-
1) To develop a working knowledge of Air Pollution in Urban areas and the way it interacts with Climate, Gender and other social issues like equity etc.
2)Engage with urban communities and local stakeholders to understand their concerns, challenges and take them into account during the implementation of campaign strategies.
3)Work with the The Climate Agenda team to implement effective campaigns on intersectoral aspects of climate change.
4) To be able to research and communicate internally on issues related to the campaign.
5) To develop a working knowledge of campaign development tools with the support of the manager and campaign training.
6)To participate, if required, in non violent direct actions on behalf of the campaign and/ or the organisation.
7) To participate in the planning and strategy development of the specific strand of campaigning with the guidance and support of the campaign manager.
8) To be able to represent the organisation at external fora related to the issue or campaign.
9)To represent the campaign to external NGOs, people in political power, government officials, others to further the objectives of the campaign. (At this level, the expectation is of low-level external interactions.)
10) Responsible for organising awareness campaigns, trainings, meetings, workshops, seminars, public meetings mainly with youth, educational institutions and urban population.
11) Should be open to travel in campaign geographies.
1) Masters Degree or equivalent degree in the field of Social Work, Development Studies, Sociology and other related fields.
2) 2-3 years of proven work experience as Campaigner/Field Officer/Coordinator in urban space.
3) Ability to plan, conceptualise, strategize and execute high-impact end-to-end on-ground social campaigns.
4) Draft detailed work plans to handhold implementation in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
Social and Technical Skill-
1) Outstanding networking and relationship-building skills.
2)Strong understanding of UP’s social economic and political context.
3) Fluency in Hindi, and proficiency in English.
4) Ability to work on interdisciplinary assignments.
5) Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools for the creation of presentations, plans, and monitoring reports.
6)Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and be a good team-player.
7) Basic understanding of climate issues.
8) Be a confident and persuasive communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and a flair for public speaking.
9) Be reliable, determined, creative, positive and resourceful.
10) A high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently to deliver campaign outputs, along with strong team-working skills.
1) Strict work ethics and a sense of responsibility towards the work assigned.
2) Should possess the necessary leadership skills to provide vision, strategy, and overall direction to ensure the achievement of desired outcomes.
3) Must be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and contribute towards the growth of the organisation.
Based on skills & experience, and competitive with standard pay.
How to Apply-
Please send an email to jobs@theclimateagenda .in mentioning “Campaigner” and please attach an updated CV with a cover letter explaining your candidature in not more than 250 words.
Time commitment - 11 Months
Application Deadline - 31 October, 2023
Job Type - Full Time
Job Location - Varanasi or Lucknow