You will be responsible for-
- Governance and operations (monitoring developments, identifying key issues and organizing meetings of the members to deliberate/take decisions and ensure the operations of the association take place as per association and government requirements)
- Increasing membership of the association
- Government affairs and policy recommendations
- Providing Research and Technical support.
- Developing and sharing market trends, insights and opportunities.
- Creating a network of potential partners for the association.
- Developing a communications/PR strategy to create awareness about the benefits of cage free rearing of poultry birds amongst the public at large.
- Sharing relevant information on above with members via periodic communication.
1. Governance and operations
? Preside and run day to day operations of the association and report to the board of directors/members on activities periodically.
? Promote cage-free and free-range poultry industry to various stakeholders.
? Increase the membership of the association.
? Facilitate R&D/ Technical and Scientific support through research labs, academia and commercial players with a view to facilitate sustainable farms being set up/ capabilities enhanced and building capacity of the farmers.
? Connect investors to possible opportunities in the area and companies with possible investors. Work with governments for incentives/loans/subsidies.
? Explore potential business opportunities and help create networks of buyers, agents, suppliers, and key government contacts to help expand businesses within India and internationally.
? Disseminate information regarding cage free poultry rearing, domestic and international market trends and opportunities to the members.
? Provide an umbrella platform for members at tradeshows, events.
? Help build the human capacity of the industry in all manners.
2. Government affairs
? Disseminate information and research on benefits of cage free egg production as means to achieve one health, sustainable development goals, food security and means of livelihood for farmers.
? Represent the association and advise the government on policies which endorse and support growth of the industry.
? Enable ease of business for distribution of cage free eggs through actions such as incentives, work, labelling and classification, certification and tariffs.
3. Consumer and media awareness
? Create awareness about cage free eggs in promoting environmental sustainability and animal welfare with both consumers and media by sharing credible research/ appropriate endorsements.
? Create FAQs, develop research on clarifying myths and concerns by consumers.
- Prior experience in the corporate sector is necessary.
- Prior experience with agri/food business is preferred.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
The Cage Free and Free Range Poultry Producers Association (CFFRPPA) is a group of poultry farmers in India who engage in non-caged models of poultry production. We work on uplifting cage-free and free-range poultry farmers in the country, empowering rural communities, and promoting sustainable and humane farming practices.