The Finance Executive will be responsible for handling day-to-day accounting, book-keeping, and assisting in all finance and account functions.
ABOUT US - https://www.wadhwaniai.org/
Wadhwani AI is a nonprofit institute building and deploying applied AI solutions to solve critical issues in public health, agriculture, education, and urban development in underserved communities in the global south. We collaborate with governments, social sector organizations, academic and research institutions, and domain experts to identify real-world problems and develop practical AI solutions to tackle these issues to make a substantial positive impact.
We have over 30+ AI projects supported by leading philanthropies such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and Google.org. With a team of over 200 professionals, our expertise encompasses AI/ML research and innovation, software engineering, domain knowledge, design, and user research.
In the Press:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checking and verifying all expenses with their supporting documents.
- Day to day data entry in Zoho accounting software.
- Preparing payments requests for bank transfers.
- Maintaining a database of consultants and vendors and their documentation.
- Notifying vendors, consultants and staff once payments are made.
- Provide support on monthly closing and year-end closing processes.
- Assisting in timely vendor reconciliations.
- Providing support in statutory and tax audits.
- Coordination with other team members for sorting staff reimbursements and vendor related queries.
- Maintaining a consultants, vendor and staff payment tracking sheet and updating it regularly.
- Support in donor grants management related functions-monthly expenditure tracking, donor report preparation, donor audits and others related workings.
- Provide support in office inventory and asset management.
- Assist in periodic inventory verification and record management.
- Verifying project and donor allocation of staff travel prior to cost booking in Zoho.
- Assist in handling/reviewing procurement and ensuring their accuracy as per procurement policy and per donor compliance.
- FIling and maintaining records, vouchers and other supporting documentations.
- Coordinating with project team members on various activities needed for smooth functioning.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Microsoft office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Detail-oriented and rigorous in approach to tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Flexible work style and ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal, coordination and team skills.
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to work flexibly on a wide range of tasks.
- Willing to travel as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Commerce/Finance/General Administration.
- Minimum 3-5 years of desired experience especially working on various excel based reports.
- Zoho books experience would be preferred. Working knowledge of other Accounting Software would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and creativity in preparing/developing various MIS reports, analytical and tracking reports for various internal purposes.
- Good understanding and knowledge of handling accounting, statutory compliances, taxation, donor-related compliances, day to day financial and administration functions and monthly closing-related necessities.
- Experience working in INGOs/iNGOs would be preferred.