Foundation For Child Protection - Project Muskaan is looking for a full-time female Case Worker to handle cases of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) and conduct Awareness Sessions & training on CSA & POCSO.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Accompany the child and the family during the process of FIR, Statements, Medical, Court etc.
• First aid counselling to the survivors and parents.
• Coordinating with Muskaan in house lawyer in case of legal case and follow up till the judgement of the case.
• Referring the client for psychotherapy or psychiatric help where required.
• Home visits to the survivor’s place and follow up for counselling.
• Conducting trainings and awareness sessions on CSA with groups in schools and communities.
Networking & Collaboration:
Liaising with police, CWC and law enforcement agencies to ensure survivor is supported during FIR, Medical, NC & Statement and the best interest is not compromised.
Coordinating with Police for facilitating Manodhairya Scheme in rape cases for the survivors.
Networking with organizations related to the survivor’s rehabilitation.
Reporting & Documentation:
Maintaining the face sheet if the case is registered in Muskaan, filing documents collected from Police Station like copy of FIR, Statement, Manodhairya papers etc.
Preparing the detail quantitative and qualitative report of the cases.
Preparing case studies
Qualifications and Educational Requirement:
Masters in Social Work (MSW) from a reputed institution who preferably has at least 3+ years of experience in the field.
Experience of working with Children on Child Rights, Juvenile Justice or Child Sexual offences will be preferred.
Well versed in JJ and POCSO and IPC would be an added qualification.
Diploma or certification in counselling would be a value add.
Good communication skills in Marathi, Hindi and English
A passion to work against Child Sexual Abuse.
An empathetic communicator with pleasant personality.
Mindset to look at possibilities under adversities.
Team player and solution finder with quick response ability and able to think on one’s feet.
Passionate about the issues affecting Children and with a commitment to serve best interest of Child.
Ability to work late hours at police stations, on home visits etc.
Empathetic and Sensitive and non-judgmental and able to cope with the difficult subject of sexual abuse of children
• Mon- Fri, 10 am - 5.30 pm. (Ability to commit additional time on any day including weekends if the case demands.) Alternate Saturdays working. Should be willing to work late hours and on holidays if required. Compensatory off will be given.
Compensation: INR 30,000/- Per Month depending on the experience.
To apply please email your CV with the subject as “Case Worker” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the interview. Application Deadline – 29th Oct 2023.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra