Under the supervision of Chief Functionary (Chairman) GPSVS and Specialist, Social and Behaviour Change (SABC) UNICEF Bihar would be responsible for the implementation & ensure delivery of Behavior Change intervention outcomes through different approaches used with scaling up VHSND and QI4SBC in Purnea District.
The Block coordinator (BC) is expected to undertake operational responsibilities for different activities of the project and variety of audiences/stakeholders: FLWs, PRIs and other influencers, from 70 panchayats in Purnea district.
1. Adaptation and execution of Social and Behaviour Change activities, which mostly includes:
a. Collecting and gathering both qualitative and quantitative data resulting in the validation of behavioural objectives.
b. Provide Input in SABC strategy applying the project’s different audiences/stakeholders.
2. Support /capacity building of FLWs on updating survey and due list for Arogya Diwas, Community Mobilization tools and processes for VHSND strengthening with focus on Routine Immunization and line listing of zero dose & drop out children for vaccination.
3. Support/capacity building of PRI members and other influencers for an understanding on the service delivery mechanism at VHSND sites, including in the times of floods.
4. Coordination with FLWs, PRIs, district & block officials and other influencers for the enhanced capacity to identify, mobilize and vaccinate zero doze & drop out children during VHSND in 70 GPs.
5. Active participation and coordination in monthly coordination cum review meeting of block level officials along with stakeholders and partners.
6. Effective participation/coordination in monthly coordination cum review meeting with BDO, MOIC, CDPO, Jeevika BHM, BCM along with stakeholders and partners to planning and progress review.
7. Coordination for Mega Orientations in selected GPs to increase demand for VHSND, RI and vaccination of ZD children
8. Convergent SBC action cum supportive supervision plans development for strengthening VHSND.
9. SABC activities, which are based on the evidence, collected during the problem-solving phase of the SABC process VHSNC meetings with minimum quorum as per the guidelines in each blocks.
10. Monitoring, supportive supervision and convergence at block & district level.
11. Prepare/develop and support in documentation, monitoring & evaluation, and learning purposes to illustrate the results of the SABC activities carried out under the project.
12. Maintain a clear line of communication between the different SABC groups/stakeholders of the project and GPSVS chief functionary and UNICEF SABC officer/consultants.
13. Consolidate and compile the reports of the project, support in incorporation of information into the different reports (annual, biannual and final).
• Fluent in Hindi and English.
• Master/Bachelor Degree in one of the following courses: - social sciences, sociology/social work, community development, political science, Mass communication, performing arts, cultural or artistic management or other related discipline;
• Experience of working in a non-governmental, non-profit and/or other local organizations is preferred, but fresher’s are also encouraged to apply.
• Experience in SBC, public health or social campaigns;
• Excellent organizational, logistical and communication skills
• Good knowledge of the local cultural context and history
• Gender sensitive and cohesive approaches of work
• ZERO TOLERANCE IN PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse)
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with non-governmental organizations for 2-3 years.
- Experience with visual or performing, social and behaviour change communication
HOW TO APPLY
The interested candidate may apply at email address of firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days from the date of advertisement. Beside CV the application should also contain covering letter
Salary – Upto Rs. 35,000 Per month including HR, PF ect. (Without boarding/lodging facilities) subject to qualification, skills and experiences.
Location: Purnea, Bihar