Position Overview :
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Fisheries Value Chain Manager. As the Position Holder, you will play a pivotal role in initiating, developing, and managing the entire inland fisheries value chain. The ideal candidate will possess the expertise to build and scale a fully functional fisheries value chain operation and overseeing every aspect of the value chain, from fish procurement, farming to processing, distribution, and marketing. Moreover, you will be expected to identify opportunities for creating sub-products from the inland fisheries value chain. The Fisheries Value Chain Manager will report to Co-Founders. The position holder shall have deep experience and knowledge of various aspects of Fisheries program commercialization, Private sector engagement; Public, private, and producers partnership (PPPP), Inland Fisheries breeding and value chain development, market linkages, financing, and market systems development. The position holder will also serve as LetsEndorse brand ambassador for the fisheries value chain and represent LetsEndorse in strategic forums to ensure strong brand recognition.
- Build and manage the entire Inland Fisheries value chain, including the procurement, breeding, processing, distribution, and marketing segments including onboarding of Inland fisheries business stakeholders and foster strong partnerships with various entities.
- Lead and optimize fish farming and harvesting operations to ensure maximum growth and yield.
- Conduct in-depth market research and system analysis within the Inland Fisheries industry to identify growth prospects, bottlenecks, and sub-product opportunities. Utilize findings to shape business strategies and enhance LetsEndorse's visibility among diverse stakeholders. Foster innovation, monitor project performance, and share insights with co-founders and stakeholders for impactful knowledge dissemination.
- Develop and nurture robust relationships with Fisheries suppliers, processors, and value chain stakeholders. Lead negotiations and contract management to ensure the procurement of top-quality fisheries products. Collaborate with the MoA and other partners for capacity-building initiatives, maintain a diverse program portfolio with quality training, and actively identify market linkage opportunities to encourage stakeholder collaboration and innovation.
- Establish efficient distribution channels and logistics for timely product delivery, while fostering partnerships with local and regional stakeholders to expand the value chain's reach and Manage processing, packaging, and quality control of fish products in adherence to industry standards and regulations.
- Oversee operational assessments, identify sub-product opportunities like fish oil etc, stay updated on industry trends, ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations, and maintain financial accountability.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of professionals within the fisheries value chain in future, ensuring a high level of competence and performance.
Qualifications and Requirements :
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on Inland Fisheries value chain experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Fisheries Science, Fisheries Management, Aquaculture, Business, or related fields (Master's degree is a plus).
- Proven value chain development expertise, from inception to full-scale operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on seizing value chain opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and team management abilities.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Willingness to travel extensively and adapt to varying work conditions.
- Knowledge of Fisheries industry regulations and sustainability practices.
- Clear understanding of Fisheries value chain and market system development.
- Experience in delivering extension services to small-scale farmers.
- Proficiency in designing capacity-building strategies for Producer Organizations.
- Budget preparation and monitoring expertise.
- Knowledge of the latest fisheries productivity improvements and market system development.
- Proficient in MS Office, email, and internet use.
- Skill in developing public-private partnerships.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and local languages.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resumes and cover letters at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Fisheries Value Chain Manager Application - [Your Name]." Please include your relevant experience, qualifications, and a statement outlining your vision for developing and managing a successful Fisheries value chain.