Jagori Rural is seeking applications for the position of an experienced researcher to undertake research projects related to various programmatic requirement, with a special focus on Violence against girls and women. The candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting the research holding a workshop, collect both quantitative and qualitative data and including case study. The selected candidate will also build capacity of the team in order for them to conduct the interview and gather relevant data. Interpret and analyze research data, write research reports highlighting and summarizing major findings and information found through data analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for organising a national consultation on VAW.
- As a senior researcher, You will coordinate and implement the entire research project “Hinsa: A Comparative Study of Violence Against Girls and Women in Rural Himachal” as per project guidelines as a senior researchers.
- In consultation with the JRCT core group, select villages for the collection of data.
- Prepare the data collection questionnaire as well as interview and pilot it for the first month and finalise it.
- Prepare research design and action plan for launching the project.
- Provide orientation and build capacities of the team members to gather relevant data and information and track their timely performance.
- Collect both qualitative and quantitative data including case studies.
- Prepare 3 month plans and Implement for the collection of the data.
- Access online/offline academic research reports, refer to secondary source reports on violence against girls and women.
- In consultation with the ED Keep in touch with the funding agency.
- Any other task which is assigned to you by the Executive Director, JRCT from time to time.
Other: Remuneration according to experience.
Last date for applying: 27 November 2023
Application Process: Send your CV with the covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com