Job Title: Communication and Fundraising Officer
Job Overview: The Communication and Fundraising Officer will be responsible for developing and executing communication strategies to enhance the organization's public image and generate support, as well as planning and implementing fundraising activities to secure financial resources. This role requires strong communication, relationship-building, and organizational skills.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy to engage and inform donors, supporters, and the general public.
• Create and maintain compelling content for various communication channels, including the website, social media, newsletters, and press releases.
• Manage public relations efforts and media outreach to raise the organization's profile
• Monitor and respond to inquiries and comments from the public and supporters
• Plan and execute fundraising campaigns and initiatives, including online and offline events, direct mail campaigns, and grant applications
• Identify and cultivate relationships with potential donors and grant-making organizations.
• Prepare grant proposals and reports, ensuring compliance with funding requirements
• Manage donor databases and ensure accurate and up-to-date records of contributions
• Organize fundraising events, such as charity galas, auctions, and crowdfunding campaigns
• Coordinate logistics, budgeting, and volunteer management for events
• Promote and market events to attract donors and attendees
• Analyze fundraising performance and communication efforts to identify areas for improvement
• Prepare reports and presentations for management and board members
• Ensure compliance with legal and ethical fundraising standards and regulations
• Stay updated on relevant fundraising laws and regulations
• Masters/ Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Business, Nonprofit Management, or a related field
• Proven experience in fundraising, donor relations, and communications in the nonprofit sector
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in using fundraising software and CRM systems will be an added value
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Knowledge of ethical fundraising practices and legal requirement
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
MCSDR seeks qualified and experienced applicants who can work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse teams comprised of people of diverse religious and language backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. MCSDR is a secular institution working to create an environment of zero tolerance for prejudice based on religion, caste/community, gender, sexuality, and gender expression. The salary will commensurate with the candidates’ skills and experience and aligned with the existing market values. Qualified applicants who are women, and/or belonging to sexual/ gender minority populations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and accomplishments, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 15th of November 2023
Location: Barasat, West Bengal