- Design participatory approaches and methodologies that generate interest and activate
prolonged stakeholder engagement in the Mission. This could include community building,
iterative development, reflection and review, creative thinking and surfacing, supporting
innovations, and the creation of micro-content to capture knowledge and assist learning.
- Detail out engagement approaches that would be suitable for FGDs and community
sensitization and engagement.
- Recommend ways to address barriers to increased access to the Mission’s provisions, issues
faced by beneficiaries with banks and micro-finance institutions, challenges with the
municipal interface of the beneficiaries and sustainability issues faced by resource
organizations/ SHGs/ CBOs/ NGOs/ others.
- Review current approaches, tools and methods used for community engagement by
organizations working with vulnerable communities.
- In consonance with the ongoing studies on community engagement, prepare immediate and
long-term strategies for the Mission’s relevant components.
- Assist the team in developing training programs, modules and material on community
- Coordinate inputs and expertise from the client, donors, UMC head office and partners in a
- Identify the capacity building needs of the national, state and city-level government
stakeholders on community engagement.
- Assess and document existing capacity gaps of SHGs and CBOs and assist in the mobilization
of resources required for implementing recommended options.
- Build relationships and engage the private sector to make contributions to support
- Draw upon technical guidance from international best practices, national/ state/ local plans.
Qualifications and skills:
- An advanced degree (Masters or equivalent) in social sciences, community development/
engagement/ participatory processes, international development or related fields.
- Minimum, 10 years of relevant experience after postgraduation.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a ministry of the national government, or a
department of a state government will be an added advantage
- Strong expertise in community engagement, livelihood and capacity development of
- Knowledge of relevant context, issues of livelihood development and urban poverty
- Fluency in both written and spoken Hindi and English.
- Maturity and confidence to deal with the staff of government institutions and communities.
- Displays sensitivity and inclusiveness for all cultures, genders, religions, races, nationalities
- Excellent coordination skills and result-oriented collaboration with colleagues
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and Hindi. Knowledge of
additional languages would be an asset.
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft
- Excellent written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize
relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of case studies and progress reports.
- Willingness to travel within India and outside India on a need basis
To apply for this position, email the following at email@example.com with a copy to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Community Engagement Manager, New
Delhi”. Please note that applications without the following details will not be considered.
1. A cover letter (maximum one A4 page) demonstrating your suitability for the role
2. A detailed CV
3. Evidence of the last drawn remuneration
4. Three professional references
Type of job : Full-time
Location : New Delhi, India
Start date : Immediate
Deadline to apply : On an urgent basis. The position is advertised until filled.
Remuneration : Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants who need accommodation due to an illness or disability, gender or sexual
orientation, religion, or socio-economic background are encouraged to discuss these during the
Location - Delhi