Program Lead – Communication for Development
Job Title: Program Lead – Communication for Development (Full Time – Contractual with 2 month probation, subject to review)
1. Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh with travel to district places (Atleast 10 days in a month)
2. Remuneration: As per experience
3. Qualification and skills:
• Post Graduate in Mass Communication, Literature, Journalism, Arts or any other related streams. A diploma or certification/enrolment in an additional subject related to communication will be desirable.
• At least 4-6 years of experience working in a communication team in a Civil Society Organization or Group with a focus on rights based work with rural, tribal and urban communities.
• Volunteers associated with people’s movements including cultural groups will be given preference.
4. Job Overview:
• Lead the Development Communication team of the organization which has a focus on design & development, capacity building, research & documentation and performing media. This includes Samvidhan Live, a documentation unit chronicling people’s movements.
• Engage in planning, strategy building and implementation meetings with Development Communication teams that includes camerapersons, designers, facilitators and artists.
• Evolve ideas to support the organization’s ongoing work in field with most marginalized communities in urban and rural areas. Key focus: Gender, Child Rights, Youth Engagement, Constitutional Rights, Access to Justice.
• Travel to district places for any assignments related to Development Communication.
• Participate in design and development, implementation of city, state and national campaigns, seminars and workshops.
• Design and Development basic communication resources like Posters, Pamphlets, Booklets with support from the team.
• Represent the organization in various forums.
• Participate in organization meetings and processes as and when required.
• Handle the social media representation of the organization.
5. Core Skills Expected:
• Impactful listening.
• Fluency in English with working knowledge of Hindi OR Fluency in Hindi with working knowledge of English.
• Understanding of Constitutional values, local issues which concern Socio-Economic, Cultural and Civil Rights
• Demonstrable skills to understand and use Social Media platforms especially YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
6. Growth Opportunity:
• Gaining experience of community development work in urban areas with most marginalized groups, adding significant value to your work profile.
• Opportunity for participation in workshops, symposiums, online trainings and orientations.
• Opportunity to apply for the Organization’s rolling fellowship programs for young people with full time support as well as other vacancies as and when they open up.
• Opportunity of engaging with senior development practitioners including media persons, activists, academicians and other influencers.
• Opportunity to develop your capacities, improve communication skills and engage on a range of issues including child rights, feminism, gender, constitutional values, youth engagement, media, communication, participatory approaches and principles of facilitating collective community action.
• Personal guidance and support for engaging in further studies from the organization management group.
Do apply for this position If you are a person passionate about engaging with communities, using a range of media & communication tools and methods; with a pro-people approach. Eligible candidates may send in their detailed CV along with a covering letter stating why you are suited for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Last date of application: November 10, 2023
2. Preference will be given to women candidates belonging to Dalit/Adivasi /Religious Minority & LGBTQA+ groups.
3. Appointment process will be inclusive of online & individual interviews with group discussions and writing, analysis & critique tasks.
Please do not make any calls. You may write in with your queries (if any) at email@example.com
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh