Centre for Civil Society is looking for talented, passionate and dedicated young professionals to join our crew full time. Ideal for young professionals with less than or equal to 2-3 years of work experience,the Associate, Content position will entail a wide array of tasks such as providing editorial assistance, analysing policy briefs, writing articles for blogs/publications, organising events and marketing some of our outreach programs.
As such, we are looking for candidates comfortable with multi-tasking and juggling various tasks, and are disciplined enough to follow up on each task till completion.
Candidates from all branches of study are welcome to apply for this position, provided they can display a strong interest in matters relating to Public Policy, Media and Communications.
Possible roles and responsibilities:
1. Providing editorial assistance for Spontaneous Order, CCS’ official blog
2. Drafting CCS’ official newsletters (including the blog’s i.e. Spontaneous Order Digest)
3. Identifying and exploring authors/ contributors/ thought leaders: This would entail carrying out prospective research and developing a comprehensive author database that captures relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of running a digital publication
4. Reaching out to new contributors and forging networks
5. Engaging contributors regularly (say, post-events and/or on a weekly-basis etc.) with potential topics for writing, video interviews, etc. This would require the candidate to be up-to-date with current affairs at all times.
6. Regularly conducting research, drafting and disseminating short videos on contemporary affairs
7. Regularly conducting research, organising and hosting Facebook live discussions on contemporary issues
8. Regularly reaching out and engaging with other publishing portals to ensure syndication goals and furthering of CCS’ school of thought
9. Providing social media assistance, as and when required. This would include tracking social media outreach, as well as event marketing
10. Converting CCS’ scholarly work into articles/ videos/ otherwise digitally consumable material for promotions, or otherwise
11. Assisting with (and at times, leading) CCS’ weekly discussions on contemporary affairs, subsequently following up with participants keen on writing articles and providing editorial assistance whenever needed
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL THREE ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Write an opinion piece on “Are Free Markets Moral?” in under 750 words.
2. Given below is an unproofed first draft of a short article about the Economics of Tinder. Please correct the grammar and make required edits to convert this piece into a serious (and persuasive) article, while retaining its humorous tone.
I love free market and capitalism for the simple fact because it provides everything in an innovative way. Be it goods and services like buying houses or going to a Doctor or ‘finding love’. I live in an era where everything is available online, you have flipkart/amazon, Practo and the very famous Tinder.
One kind and noble friend of mine once told me to join Tinder because I was single (I still am), was bored in life, cribbed every time I see a couple in a nearby mall or restaurant. After I joined this life changing app, I assumed that my world will change and I will be the Heartthrob, but opposite to that I never got any match. For the people w
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
1. Proficiency in communicating in verbal and written English
2. Prior editing experience with a magazine would be desirable, albeit not necessary
3. Inclination towards engaging and networking with various stakeholders
4. Displayed inclination towards conducting independent research and verifying facts
5. Ability to convert academic research work into easily consumablecapsules
6. Basic script-writing skills for short videos
7. Basic design skills, although not necessary
8. Prior experience in organising events is desirable
9. Being detail-oriented, whilst managing multiple and diverse tasks
10. Tech-savvy and proficient with new media platforms
11. Pro-active and