The Development Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and donor communications. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing support to the Development team in all fundraising functions including donor research, solicitation, engagement and special events.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Create quarterly and annual fundraising reports and other donor reports as needed
2. Conduct preliminary research on prospective foundations, individuals and corporate donors
3. Coordinate production and mailing of year-end appeal letters and greetings, marketing collaterals and other organisational communication materials
4. Assist in develop project concept notes and proposals in collaboration with the program team to submit to potential donors
5. Develop outbound IEC materials as required by donor partners
6. Process donations/grants and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
7. Secretarial support in making donor appointments, taking minutes of meetings and follow up to ensure timely actions
8. Maintain and update databases relevant to fundraising functions
9. Build and maintain guest lists, invite guests and perform other duties as assigned for fund-raising and organisational events
10. Work collaboratively across departments to develop and deliver on effective donor communications, reporting and compliance with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
Written Assignment –Development Associate, Development & Strategy
1. Go over http://nisaindia.org/ and prepare a presentation for NISA that is sellable to a potential donor—who we are, what we do, why should they support us. Please use the pdf format to send us your work.
2. Conduct preliminary research on 10 foundations (national as well as international) with their grant cycles that are in education and livelihood space (aligned with CCS Projects) and 20 High Net-Worth Individuals interested in Education sector, including details on their larger philanthropic commitments. You can access www.ccs.in for an understanding of our core programs.
(Please note that applications without the written assignment will be considered incomplete.)
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. A Master’s degree, preferably in liberal arts/humanities, social sciences, or allied disciplines
2. Minimum one year experience in fundraising/communications/partnerships position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office is desirable
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Database management experience (Salesforce) and proficiency in handling and navigating new media platforms preferred
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills; with the ability to critically comprehend policy issues and contemporary socio-political and economic concerns; and to write persuasively.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks, organize and prioritise work to fulfil the organisational fundraising goals
6. Ability to present information concisely and effectiv