CCS has pioneered educational and outreach programs on a liberal approach to public policy for a diverse audience comprising of students, journalists, development leaders and young professionals through its Academy. The academy introduces, engages and connects with students and influencers to develop new leaders with new ideas to change the climate of opinion towards liberal approach to public policy. It does so through certificate courses, credit programs, colloquia and lecture series. Each year the academy engages with over 3,000 change agents (those who are the multiplier of ideas and are in positions of influence) and future leaders (the best young minds aged 18-25). In its 21st year of translating policy into practice, CCS boasts of over 8,000 alumni, many of whom have sought careers in the fields of public policy, journalism, education, politics and so on.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
2. Under the supervision of Manager, Programs, strategize and plan for the profiling of the Alumni: capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, etc. Make specified lists of contact information, enabling targeted and purposeful communication for sustained engagement.
3. Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records: work on cleaning the alumni database (by means of cleaning existing Excel spreadsheets, making calls, fostering social media connections, sending emails etc.) – reaching an active number of 3,000 alumni out of the 8,000-odd pool we have.
4. Work on refining the content, user interface, and usability of the Alumni portal – a one-stop platform for CCS’ Alumni base.
5. Conceptualization and execution of Alumni meet-ups (starting with Delhi and moving to other cities): aiming to hold at-least one meet-up in Delhi and one in any other city every month.
6. Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and keep them engaged through CCS’ programs.
7. To develop strong student, alumni, staff and other volunteer networks, working with key individuals to support and develop strategies for alumni relations activity and to identify individuals (particularly alumni and others) who may be likely to engage with CCS by offering in-kind and financial support.
What should be the five key focus areas enabling CCS to foster a lasting relationship with its alumni base?
How will you measure the success of your work as Associate – Program Development? Mention at-least five parameters.
Prepare a work plan for a fortnightly held open discussion with the alumni in Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai.
Please note that applications without the written assignment will be considered incomplete.
Deadline:10th of August 2018
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people including the ability to recruit, motivate and manage interns.
2. High proficiency in working on MS Excel and Google spreadsheets.
3. High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
4. Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
5. Good financial planning and budgetary skills.