CCS has pioneered educational and outreach programs on a liberal approach to public policy for a diverse audience comprising of students, journalists, development leaders and young professionals through its Academy. The academy introduces, engages and connects with students and influencers to develop new leaders with new ideas to change the climate of opinion towards liberal approach to public policy. It does so through certificate courses, credit programs, colloquia and lecture series. Each year the academy engages with over 3,000 change agents (those who are the multiplier of ideas and are in positions of influence) and future leaders (the best young minds aged 18-25). In its 21st year of translating policy into practice, CCS boasts of over 8,000 alumni, many of whom have sought careers in the fields of public policy, journalism, education, politics and so on.
Roles and responsibilities:-
1. Assist in the delivery of sixipolicy courses per quarter (3 months): facilitate/co-facilitateipolicy: CCS Academy’s flagship certificate course in public policy offered to students from the following fields - Undergraduate: Law, Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts (Economics, Politics, Philosophy, History, Sociology and B.Ed) and Postgraduate: Public Policy, Media, Liberal Arts (MA, MPhil, PhD), MBA, M.Ed.
2. Collate feedback and provide program summary to the Project Lead at the close of each program.
3. Work closely with the Project Lead to review pedagogy and tools of delivery,and report to the Project Lead.
1. Branding of the products (courses) being offered by CCS Academy.
2. Marketing the program to ensure a minimum of 80 applications per program (ipolicy).
3. Coordinate campus talks and participate in college events through fests, guest lectures, competitions and awards to reach out to the students.
1. Assist in the execution of the alumni engagement strategy to keep the past and current graduates engaged with CCS ideas and activities.
2. Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
3. Execution of alumni bi-weekly reading groups.
4. Execution of alumni meet-ups, awards and competitions.
1. CCS organizes its flagship program called ipolicy (on weekends) throughout the year, in partnership with colleges and independently as an open program. More on ipolicy: http://www.ccs.in/ipolicy
Outline a year-long operational plan to organize 20 ipolicy programs in one year.
Points to certainly include in the plan:
- Strategy to receive 100 quality applications for each program. You can also include the different channels you would use for marketing the program to receive applications.
[As you outline your approach, please clearly mention your hypothesis and assumptions. Feel free to use MS Excel or Word whichever you are comfortable with]
2. In October 2015, Spain introduced a ‘Sun Tax’, a national law taxing consumption of solar energy. This law approves disproportionate taxes on self-consumption of solar energy, generated and consumed by individuals who own PV systems. Write an 800 word opinion piece on the issue.
3. Keeping in mind the job description, write a short note on how you would measure your succ
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
1. Bachelor’s degree (or above) in any of the Liberal Arts, Media, Public Policy or Law Courses with a strong educational background from a leading university
2. Excellent facilitation skills; past experience in conducting training courses will be preferable
3. Commitment to learning with an academic bent
4. Excellent communication skills in English and ability to create and disseminate original content.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills: with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.