Role: To assist the organization in promoting the human rights to adequate housing and land.
1. Assisting with HLRN’s programmatic and administrative work.
2. Conducting primary and secondary research on thematic issues.
3. Writing reports and contributing to HLRN press releases and publications.
4. Assisting with fact-finding missions, surveys, and field work.
5. Assisting with preparation of advocacy material and presentations.
6. Conducting human rights workshops for different constituencies.
7. Communicating with HLRN partners, members, donors, and the media.
8. Assisting with managing the HLRN website.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter, curriculum vitae, two unedited writing samples, and names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th August 2018.
- Only Indian citizens are requested to apply.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. A strong demonstrated commitment to promoting social justice and human rights.
2. A minimum of six years of experience working in the field of human rights and social justice, with experience/knowledge of housing, land, and livelihood issues.
3. A post-graduate university degree, preferably in the social sciences/humanities/law.
4. Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi. [Translation skills will be an added advantage].
5. Excellent English writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write independently.
6. Strong analytical and research skills.
7. Strong public speaking skills and the ability to speak at workshops for different audiences.
8. Self-motivated and well-organized, with high standards of integrity